Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to go into work early this am to cover a sick co worker. hit the pasture and fed the animals, hopped in my chariot and went to work. Once I got most of the fires put out at work I looked down and noticed i was wearing my regular farm boots.. not a 'nicer' pair.

What normall happens, is I get a pair of boots, wear em a couple 3 years, then when they are a bit sloppy or worn, relegate them to chore work and get a new pair. this black pair of ariet i'm wearing are plenty serviceable.. just getting a lil sloppy and whatnot.

well.. hmm.. what to do at a nice concert venue with lots of expensive guests?

grab some wet naps and first, clean all the dust off the boots and get them squeaky clean.. then.. hmm.. step over to the lounge and grab a handfull of napkins, and a bottle of salad dressing oil.. :) a couple shots of salad oil onto the napkin, and a few wipes later and the boots look too good to use as chore boots now.. :)

soundguy

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
haha, have done the same thing with some armor-all on my black ones when cleaning, and cooking oil from spills at work on my Schmidt's.. .works amazingly well to "touch up." It's amazing what one can come up with in a pinch!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thats a new one here never heard this one before. wonder if that will work on Red Wing oiltans?

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
I have had shirts with a little bit of crud on them. Go into a washroom and with a damp hand towel I can get rid of most of the peculiarities. Helps when you have to drop off paperwork with a receiver.

·
Super Moderator
7,855 Posts
After bein' in the barnyard, the salad oil probably made 'em smell better too :!: ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
you dont want to know the things i learned at work worked in general motors 32 years 18000 employees when i started in 1974 ;) ;) :) :) half 18 to 25 every type of indeviduall you could imagine

·
Registered
395 Posts
that was in the oahawa complec built 5 buses a hour 30 pickups a hour 35 fullsize chevs and full size pontiacs a hour combination of 42 can chevals lemans and monte carlo when i retired in 2005 1430 short box extenda cabs 12001mpalas and monte carlo 1200 buick centurys a day ran 3 shifts all 3 plants since then have closed truck plant dropped cars to 2 shifts building camero 4000 hourly employees down from 18000 hourly employees same thing happened in u s to all big three thanks to imports

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bettyp said:
Sound guy read that to my husband so he could use that since guess it is a man thing ,Sure does sound like it is a good thing to do . Good reading as usually.
ya do what ya gotta do! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts