Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 years ago I bought what is supposed to be a International Super H, at least it has SH stamped on the serial number plate. It also has the big carburetor like a super H. Thinking back I checked the serial number in a Blue Book on tractor values and decided it was a 1953 Super H. it has the battery under the gas tank like a straight H and the hydraulic pump mounted in the drive shaft /clutch housing. I might try to send a picture.

I bought the tractor to pull logs out of the woods. The hydraulic pump was leaking and not needing hydraulics I removed the pump. I finally gathered up this week, fixed the leak, and reinstalled the pump back in the tractor. I have a operators manual for a Super H . All the manual shows is a hydraulic unit mounted under the gas tank that International call a Lift All. Mine isn't like that.

Question is my tractor really a Super H? How much oil does the hydraulic pump hold? And any hints on how it works.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,343 Posts
I have an H and it has the liftall.pump. I have not had experience with a SH, but know from reading that there was a Stage 1 and Stage 2 SH. If yours is a 1953 my guess is that yours is a Stage 1. SH tractors were made in 1953 and 1954. How much oil in the hydraulic oil reservoir? I have not found that info but I'd put some Hytran, universal tractor fluid, or non-detergent 30wt oil in it slowly if it needs some.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the lift all pump in your H under the fuel tank or in the clutch/driveshaft housing? Reason I ask is the operators manual I have for a Super H only shows the Lift All under the fuel tank, and shows two control rods. I think that unit has both power down and power up. The manual is a little confusing. I'm thinking the one in the clutch housing like mine only has power up. But why then two service ports on the left side of tractor?

And thanks for the reply!

·
Super Moderator
8,343 Posts
The liftall unit in my H is in the torque tube between and below the clutch and the transmission. It is removed from underneath the tractor. Its not an easy job to repair it. I had to do it many years ago when I was much younger and stronger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removing the pump and fixing the leak wasn't to bad for me. Going to put oil in it today and see what happens. Always concerned about hydraulic pumps picking up the oil. All comes with the territory. Thank you for the reply's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the lift all pump in your H under the fuel tank or in the clutch/driveshaft housing? Reason I ask is the operators manual I have for a Super H only shows the Lift All under the fuel tank, and shows two control rods. I think that unit has both power down and power up. The manual is a little confusing. I'm thinking the one in the clutch housing like mine only has power up. But why then two service ports on the left side of tractor?

And thanks for the reply!
I have a 53 super M with the belly pump. The systems are very similar. The ports on the left side are just more outlets for other accessories.

·
Super Moderator
1,602 Posts
The Super H has disk brakes. But yours is lacking live hydraulics which the Super H had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts