Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made pan fried chicken with mash taters and gravy made from settlelings in bottom of pan and sweet corn out of our freezer. Last corn from last years garden. Don't do this very often, but it sure was good. :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Did you fry it in cast iron skillet? chicken taste so much better out an old cast iron skillet... ;) I love corn but now days I want it fried so good...

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
caseman said:
Did you fry it in cast iron skillet? chicken taste so much better out an old cast iron skillet... ;) I love corn but now days I want it fried so good...
Used Mom's old cast iron skillet. Same one she used to fry chicken in when I was growing up- She did use all lard when frying. I used oil and added a little lard to it for flavor.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Sounds delicious!

G

·
0 Posts
I hate being told about supper when its too late :cry: :cry: :cry: Sure sounds like a wonderful meal. Bet you enjoyed that ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Home made biscuits & chicken gravey is as good as you can have. .who needs the chicken :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,855 Posts
petra79 said:
I hate being told about supper when its too late :cry: :cry: :cry: Sure sounds like a wonderful meal. Bet you enjoyed that ;)
Yessir! Me Too! Makes the house and everything smell sooooooooooooo good :!:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
caseman said:
Home made biscuits & chicken gravey is as good as you can have. .who needs the chicken :lol:
Oh Man, I forgot all about making so biscuits. Maybe I make them tonight. Have some gravy leftover

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
4imnotright said:
caseman said:
Oh Man, I forgot all about making so biscuits. Maybe I make them tonight. Have some gravy leftover
Doggone it Steve, I'm gonna hafta fix the motor on my motorboat so I don't have to paddle so hard to cross the Mississippi to get to some of that gooood eatin'. Set an extra plate in case I get 'er a runnin' today !!!! :D :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
missouri massey man said:
4imnotright said:
caseman said:
Doggone it Steve, I'm gonna hafta fix the motor on my motorboat so I don't have to paddle so hard to cross the Mississippi to get to some of that gooood eatin'. Set an extra plate in case I get 'er a runnin' today !!!! :D :D :lol: :lol:
Hope I have enough gravy ;) :D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bettyp said:
Steve sounds like you may be the cook . If you are sounds much like you know what good eating is.
Yeah Betty, I do about 90% of the cookimg here at home. Diane will give me time off on the weekends if I've been good. Learned how to cook from Mom. Have 8 siblings, so we all got our turns helping Mom with chores, except when Dad needed help.

·
Administrator
3,958 Posts
4imnotright said:
bettyp said:
Steve sounds like you may be the cook . If you are sounds much like you know what good eating is.
Yeah Betty, I do about 90% of the cooking here at home. Diane will give me time off on the weekends if I've been good. Learned how to cook from Mom. Have 8 siblings, so we all got our turns helping Mom with chores, except when Dad needed help.
Same here Steve. My bride never learned to cook other than package meals that start with "brown the ground round", frozen pizza, or Campbell's cans.
If I want real food it's up to me. Mom taught us, as well as Dad to be self sufficient. I think I'll whip up a pot of chili today since the weather decided t turn cool again. ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Oh please guys I am starved to death with all this food cooking. I can cook also about any thing that I want. make some mean chile + red beans and rice.. glad I work today bring in more food - I ate more in last few days thinking about that chicken gravey all time :lol: :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts