Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1959 240 which had a broken tel-a-depth lever when I bought it. Now that I have it disassembled I found the culprit. The lever bearing which its referred to in the parts book is the issue. I'm not sure if this is a throw away part or if it can be refurbished. Since I haven't been able to find a new one (used are out there but look in the same shape as mine), I'm left to refurbish mine but not sure what the bearing is. I'm guessing its a bushing of some sort pressed in there. It looks like steel but not sure. Can someone shed light on this for me? I was thinking about pressing a bushing in there and putting in a zerk but there's no way to reach it once the linkage is attached. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,346 Posts
Post a picture of what you have, and a pic of the part from your book if possible. The right person just might see your post with pics, and it could be just what you need. Wish I could help more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post a picture of what you have, and a pic of the part from your book if possible. The right person just might see your post with pics, and it could be just what you need. Wish I could help more.
Great idea, attached are some pics #11 is the part of discussion you can see how it fits togeter and I also included some pics of the inside and out of #11 looking for suggestions how to replace the bearing material in this part thanks

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
If your worried that a used one might be in the same condition. It looks like there is enough meat left to sleeve it.
Just take both pieces to a machine shop so they can size the shaft, It'll be good for another 50 years.
They may not be able to go all the way through because it looks cut down quite a bit where it's pressed in.
A good machinist can most likely give you other options as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,346 Posts
I think Big Dave has it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts