Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the best story of telling me about his new engine. It was a week before our wedding at the vineyard and he told me about this engine on eBay. The deal we have is that he has to tell me about it before he purchases and tell me about how hes going to do it up. Fair deal I think. But this one he bought was when i had wedding brain and casually brushed it of as thats nice. Long and behold me he buys it a day after the wedding :bash::read: He then tells me about his latest purchase as hes walking out the door to help a mate with his car.
When he got home i was pissed off lawyers were threatened but he explained it made it up with dinner and i now call the engine Janey!

Jess

·
Administrator
4,031 Posts
Hello Jess. Will's a fine young man. He joined us here about 10 years ago. Yes, we encouraged him in starting his hobby.
He may get a bit spontaneous buying an old engine, but that's part of the hobby.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Jessica I ask you understand the predicament that an old engine collector will find himself facing. He finds an old collectible, possibly rare engine at a good price. They, like other finer things in life (a good woman comes to mind), are wonderful for a lifetime of enjoyment. Will evidently knew the engine was very special and wanted to get it before someone else. I hope you see where this is leading. Miss Joanne and I had our 43rd wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago. I'm the lucky one that has been graced by her love, and I did not mess around too much when trying to make sure we would be together. I've often told folks that messin' with these old tractors keeps me out of trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts