Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a half dozen or so of these one winter about 15 years ago. It was a "get rich quick scheme". Right :!: I framed some tied hands and some single leaves of tobacco. They remained here, standing in a corner, with the exception of one hanging on the wall.
This one was at my friend's photo gallery. Like a mass invasion, the beetles quickly destroyed the ones in the house, but the one at the gallery survived. It has been here for about 2 years. The gallery, an old gas station/feed store and local landmark, was torn down to widen the road.
It was framed in the late 90s, and it was a year that produced a good, heavy crop.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Uh oh....photobucket strikes again :(

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DerickS said:
Uh oh....photobucket strikes again :(

Still can't move pics to my library :!: :( :shock:

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pic was there last night. Somebody's got some splainin' to do I guess :!: :eek:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thank You Jim. I saw tobacco once when i was a kid. Can't remember where it was closest to; seems like not far from the area Caseman and BettyP live. Some where not too turrible far from there was a huge area of Purple Martin houses. As i remember the tobacco looked kind of like a big waxy plant with big leaves; but thats been well over half a century ago.

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
I like it Jim. :D
Glad you got photobucket straightened out. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gordon1121 said:
Jim I really like the idea. Very nice. Hope you don't mind if I may barrow it this fall and fix a couple myself.
Go for it Gordon. A local photographer/farmer really does some fancy work with tobacco in frames. The trouble is that those of us that grow it can hardly afford it his way.
I took it outside to take the pic. I was afraid if I took the pic inside with the flash, the light would have reflected back to the camera. The leaves have darkened a bit, and it doesn't look that bright in the house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts