Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 1 1/2 years my wife has created a home business. She sews and makes crafty items out of fabric such as aprons, hairbow holders, pillows, baskets, etc. She mainly sells on her facebook page and other misc craft sale pages. In December we expanded to add custom embroidery to her arsenal of items. We bought a mid level $2k embroidery machine to see how it would go without mortgaging the house lol. The past 5 months has been very busy for us with orders. So, today we took the plunge and bought a larger faster machine for $8k. I also bought some expensive software to create any graphic or text I want. The possibilities are endless now! If you are interested in anything, let me know. Our prices are cheap compared to most places :D Not trying to plug her business here, just letting everyone know what else I do besides my day job and my tractor hobby.

Embroidery Machine we bought in Dec.

New Machine we just purchased today

Example of a few items we have made

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bettyp said:
Beautiful work. Maybe you could have a display table at the Caseman Home Town Tractor show and sell some.
when I get the chance I will try to make an ATF shirt for Caseman. It will take a while though. This software is very detailed and kinda hard to use. I just started playing with it this weekend.

·
Registered
362 Posts
She made Dad's John Deere exhaust covers. Very awesome!

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Very Cool :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
missouri massey man said:
I can see tractor logo's on denim shirts and tee shirts as a possibility....
I can too. I bought several polo shirts and pullover jackets to put John Deere stuff on for myself. We have been so busy filling orders, mine hasn't made it to the top of the stack yet. It just keeps getting further and further down the list. At this rate, I might get a shirt in 6 months.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You have all my support on facebook and you just added my wife.
I can share your pics but thought I should ask for permission so you dont get overloaded :!:

I might need something done in a pinch WINK WINK :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bertman said:
You have all my support on facebook and you just added my wife.
I can share your pics but thought I should ask for permission so you dont get overloaded :!:

I might need something done in a pinch WINK WINK :lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw the notification come in when your wife added her. Thank you all for supporting us.

You are more than welcome to share photos. We actually picked up a gas station chain store and school shirts for Elementary School teachers. I haven't gotten their shirts yet. We are almost finished with last week's orders.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thats great stuff!

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
I am very happy for you all and impressed by your desire to work hard and plow your own ground in order to produce a bountiful harvest.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts