Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With reference to my post about last Saturday's "Sale of the Century" in the John Deere page, I could not resist this Farmall F14 so now I have an International in my collection. In good going order and starts good (when I get it right) but needs a new bottom welded into the main fuel tank (rusted through), a replacement fuel valve & strainer under the gas tank and a good tune-up. About the only item missing is the belt pully. Gears & steering all good and I will wrap some rubber tread around the wheels to make it safer to load onto the trailer.

Has anyone got a close-up photo (or can get one) of the valve & strainer under the gas tank?

When I get time this week, I will post more photos of the sale.

This link to the auction is still open

http://bundabergauctions.com.au/june...f-the-century/

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Really nice acquisition! Red and Green can get along. Is a wide front axle a bit rare on Farmalls of that era. I do not remember seeing many like it.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Nice tractor John. I gotta agree with Jim . I've never seen a wide front on an F Model Farmall, here in Kentucky.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My F14's first public outing

Been about 18 months since my first post in this thread. Goombungee, one of the small local towns in my district hold an annual festival celebrating the flowering of the purple jacaranda trees which line it's main street. As a part of the Festival Parade, owners of anything vintage are invited to take part and I drove my Chamberlain from home to the township about 25km north of home with the Farmall F14 in tow on my trailer. A nice day out with a friendly country group of people and an interesting mix of cars, trucks and tractors taking part.
If you open the link below, and scroll to the 7News Toowoomba segment, a good coverage of the parade is shown including yours truly on the orange Chamberlain.
https://www.facebook.com/JacarandaDayGoombungee/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARCiyDWGa8c06LihmTwI7RsHbXTcNBI4QygaJO2OM-GoDEYpkHsDZYwpRHchUon2eSDR3r9afhqbizNk&hc_ref=ARQW2A_1a5elxiV7KrEvxbWrz3_d5cc1DNYEFceDd4GVDO47QHQ-5KYKsn_KEYBsmDA&__xts__[0]=68.ARAVLC966x5DruTkQimLoRkLbRVkQ85QP1Rd-8DFSuNjN7Gv1ZSPo0ArhwSSCHgFlcyUTlQMGx10rUhBOD3gyUSyF6353B2EGn11qENWRMENjgKivpGcJcAoJxGs0Sxv-L66BMB5jHTdXIUhWv8WEm6Bnrj5-juF7UsqOjpV0C5BVUb4AYwtVcIFeYNad9ricfCkJB7M1A9AOSTqE8E7C_wjqBQqT2INoPtOb41PXa1KQ7Vc1mId0h43IZHpqNU0VObdfORTqlBJFn7jedNAN0-AGFZPenI73clUr8WDTTVa3suqqkvbKB-d9mSh4FsUFxAyX_lbvN4FM7VYp8eYF76AMRl-YHQ1yDuJEfrX7GNyi5rk3T4fZk2L-o1pDD1PykIttZ4KbgBZ8XCyGRRF3mg2OdPlWMw1ladQ8mrIwsc3SUp25bgOc-llniV40sKmzVTEAYq82FZevUVjMHT1YFPWZvGiov8UviCbSPLRXTiDb2YmQZ_s2y8WbWdoPas-5KkKkdZn9Q
IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1624.JPG IMG_1625b.JPG IMG_1619.JPG IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1624.JPG IMG_1625b.JPG

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
A really nice event. The Chamberlin looks like a strong machine, and your sidekick is definitely ready to go.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim, yes this Chamberlain is solidly built with a heavy steel chassis supporting the engine, main 3 speed gearbox and the attachment for the sprung front axle. Weight as seen with wheel weights and water ballast in the rear tyres is close to 4½ tons. Powered by the Perkins 4-270 engine at 65hp, it gets along the road at about 26mph. No power steering though but still easy to handle on the move but heavy moving slowly. Our Border Collie loves the wide seat and sitting up looking for kangaroos and hares when I am out around our property.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She actually gave me the cheque book before I left to go to the sale! Often Jay comes along to the clearing sales with me and sometimes there is more of her spoils on the trailer than mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts