Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a fender for my Allis Chalmers C on E bay. Fender can yesterday wrapped in clear plastic, like shrink wrap, no box or any other protection. The front mounting ear is bend over. It is repairable, but it's frustratingwhen you pay good money for shipping and it comes like this. Have emailed seller, but so for have not gotten any response.

G

·
0 Posts
I once got an Allis B gas tank through the post office with just a label stuck on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
4imnotright said:
Bought a fender for my Allis Chalmers C on E bay. Fender can yesterday wrapped in clear plastic, like shrink wrap, no box or any other protection. The front mounting ear is bend over. It is repairable, but it's frustratingwhen you pay good money for shipping and it comes like this. Have emailed seller, but so for have not gotten any response.
Thats why I quit buying off e-bay some sellers are lousy ;)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caseman said:
4imnotright said:
Thats why I quit buying off e-bay some sellers are lousy ;)
In the last year I've had to have E Bay resolve 6 different problems with things I bought on there. Only had to do it once in all the years before that.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I haven't bought a lot from E-bay, but I have always had good LUCK. I emphasized the luck as that is what it is,just pure luck.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
petra79 said:
Mine wasn't e-bay. It was from someone on this forum.
Shux Ron, if you'd a bought it from me, I probably woulda hand delivered it to you.

Steve, I have been very lucky on e-bay purchases. But I typically limit purchases to sellers with very high feedback ratings. The higher the rating means less customer complaints....and you CAN complain and they all know it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
See to may horror stories. Ive sold stuff to people on here and hope I represented it well enough before they got it or picked it up. (ron) :lol:
Ive been know to have to cheap of prices for ATF members ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I may buy something small from time to time, but I had one bad experience by, in fact, a former member of ATF a few years ago, who sold on ebay. That was enough for me. I lost money and my parts, and he comes out smelling like a rose, fiqure that one!!

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Ebay is the choice of last resort for me. I've only ordered one thing via Ebay.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Jim in NC said:
Ebay is the choice of last resort for me. I've only ordered one thing via Ebay.
Same here, and I talked with the guy over the phone before I bought it. ;)
Guess I'm like Mike. I never trusted buying something mail order. I like to see exactly what I'm buying. :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts