Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I remember that video. Sure hope you posting it don't bring back that weather :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure what to expect now that we're out in the middle of nowhere :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
We dont have ice down here like that that but maybe once a winter, thank goodness!! I despise the ice and snow!! Use to love it, but when I was stuck in it for 7 hours, I learned real fast not to like it!

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Ice ain't one of my favorite winter things either unless it is in a cold drink :!: ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Was just looking at that video yesterday prior to dong another talk on "Kentucy tractors" to a tractor club in Doncaster... brrrrrrrrr
By the way the talk was very well received....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mrs Harris said:
Was just looking at that video yesterday prior to dong another talk on "Kentucy tractors" to a tractor club in Doncaster... brrrrrrrrr
By the way the talk was very well received....
Thanks Shelly

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Please don't remind me !! That was the worst ice storm I remember around here.
Two inches covering downed trees that I had to cut a tunnel a hundred feet through to get out my lane.
Second was the one in '71. One and a half inch covering. If they stay consistent, at about forty years apart,
I reckon I'll be under the ice when the next big one hits. :? ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I remember one in Great Lakes Ill in the winter of 64/65. Two inches of ice on everything. Went ice skating on a baseball diamond. Might as well ice skate as there was nothing else to do! :lol: :lol: Sure strange for this old country boy from NC! :roll: :eek: :shock: :?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I remember those winter things. Drove 10 miles one-way to high school every day in all kinds of blizzard conditions; never got stuck and never went into the ditch.

But then, those winters are the reason that we moved to the desert in AZ!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lovesthedrive said:
You got a funny way of spelling John Deere.

lol
Been JD still be makeing that video never would have started.. :lol:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
caseman said:
Lovesthedrive said:
You got a funny way of spelling John Deere.

lol
Been JD still be makeing that video never would have started.. :lol:
Better be careful Jr. :shock: :shock: MissBetty will come to Lexington looking for you saying bad things about Poppin-Johnnies....(even though you are telling the truth) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lovesthedrive said:
Oooo goody! Some one that will defend the virtues of the green!
Had a JD once was plowing corn and it ran out gas and we had 2 or 3 days of rain never found that green JD till that fall when we was picking corn :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
It woulda been hard to lose one in most corn fields this year :!: :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts