Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got up dark early.. thought I had a couple tasks to do.. feed pigs and animals, walk.. eat lunch.. relaxe and then go to work at 5..

walk was fine real early.

went to farm to feed animals. ende dup fixing downed fence for an hour.. then fed animals.

came home.. fed more animals.

decided to put up some feed buckets on posts that the horses couldn't dump over. ( less sand in t he diet is better )

hmm.. not gonna need the TLB I think this winter... nor the 4000 and boom pole.. nor the 950 and mower.. and the other mower needs to be moved as I just serviced it's gear box, blades and a lil welding.

been wet last month.. had to wave a few tools over them.. tot all the tractors put up.. mowers moved. rearanged the box blade, scrap blade and gin pole ( ouch.. pulled back! )

hmm.. take out trash.

oh yeah.. need to charge battery on farm truck and move it to driveway for a run tomorrow...

ok.. clean up.. go eat.. run by work.. get paycheck.. go cash it.

guy at work calls you.. wants yo to come in 15m early. no problem. other guy at work calls in.. wants you to come in half hour earlyt saturday. no problem.

finally get home.. it's 3:15.. and I need to leave house by 4:15 to get to work at 4:45 :)

I take a quick hot shower and get a half hour nap..

glad to be at work.. home 'relaxing' wore me out today!!

G

·
I just love your stories. Can't believe you got up at dark early. You used to get up at dark thirty. No wonder your worn out :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least you got all your weekend work done. Now what are you going to do during the day tomorrow :? :? :? :eek: :roll:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep.. if I had waited to dart thirty to get up.. i'd have had no 30m nap! :)

I plan on heading north to , grabbing a buddy on the way, hit a feed mill and stop by a gun shop by the feed mill.. then head nome by lunch and pick the wife up for a quick bit to eat before going into work ( early ).. :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
besides ron.. look who's talking.

you are as bad as me.

I'll call ron.. and he'll have been building something since first light.. and it will be getting dark and he'll still be out there doing it.. :) or when he was working on a tractor.. he'd say he'd get to something in a week, and it would be done the next day.. :) don't let him fool ya.. he's a work a holic too..

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I think you both are work aholic.
Chris I got so tired reading yout first message.
Wore me out so gotto go watch UK Cats play.

G

·
There's the pot calling the kettle black :lol: :lol: If y'all knew what Betty does on a daily basis (especially during garden harvest time) you'd break your jaw on the ground. She's quite the work 'O' haulic herself. Not too often she just sits back and relax's...................................Right Betty :D :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
petra79 said:
There's the pot calling the kettle black :lol: :lol: If y'all knew what Betty does on a daily basis (especially during garden harvest time) you'd break your jaw on the ground. She's quite the work 'O' haulic herself. Not too often she just sits back and relax's...................................Right Betty :D :D
Not sure I know who he is talking about .???
The things I use to do with ease now are hard
for me to do. I rest often.

·
Registered
658 Posts
soundguy said:
besides ron.. look who's talking.

you are as bad as me.

I'll call ron.. and he'll have been building something since first light.. and it will be getting dark and he'll still be out there doing it.. :) or when he was working on a tractor.. he'd say he'd get to something in a week, and it would be done the next day.. :) don't let him fool ya.. he's a work a holic too..

I called him once and he said " Didnt you see I was sleeping "

It wasnt 2am it was in the afternoon!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

G

·
Slept in this morning..................Had the alarm set for 5 am so I could go sit in the deer blind and see if anything was hanging around. Woke up around 6:45 to find out the volume got turned all the way down :( :( :( At least I did set it.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had my alarm set for 7 i thought.. but accidentally set it for 6.

alarm went off.

I got up.. made coffee.. turned on shower.. walking by coffee pot noticed it said 605 !!!

left pot brewing.. turned off shower.. reset alarm and got 50m more sleep.. :)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
soundguy said:
i had my alarm set for 7 i thought.. but accidentally set it for 6.

alarm went off.

I got up.. made coffee.. turned on shower.. walking by coffee pot noticed it said 605 !!!

left pot brewing.. turned off shower.. reset alarm and got 50m more sleep.. :)
Oh Chris that would ruin my day if I went back to bed after I had gotten up and stired around.
But guess didn't bother you :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was up long enough to turn on the shower and bounce off a few walls feeling my way downn the hallway to turn onthe coffee pot I had already loaded with water and grounds the night before.

so I was literally only up for a minute or so.. and let me tell you.. I had no problem turning the shower off and laying back down.

smell of coffee had not hit me yet.. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts