Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By chance would anyone here have a thundermug? Just wonderring how loud they are, say shotgun loud or cannon loud, or somewhere in between?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jwal10 said:
Signal cannon, a large one is loud. I had to chuckle though. A chamber pot is a thunder mug too....James
Yep, flipped me out too when I saw that a few months back.

Been looking at some sort of LOUD noisemaker for the families annual 4th of July celebration. Cannons are too expensive! Found these thundermugs on ebay for about 40 bucks. Youtube vids are kinda hard to judge the loudness.....

·
Registered
449 Posts
I help with this little towns 4th of july celebration and we have 6 thunder mugs. Fun to set one off when no ones expects it and it is real quiet. It echos through the hills back where we do the fireworks, sounds like rolling thunder....James

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
Learned something new again here on ATF :!: :mrgreen: Need one to keep crows away :!:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jwal10 said:
I help with this little towns 4th of july celebration and we have 6 thunder mugs. Fun to set one off when no ones expects it and it is real quiet. It echos through the hills back where we do the fireworks, sounds like rolling thunder....James
How big are they??

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jim in NC said:
Learned something new again here on ATF :!: :mrgreen: Need one to keep crows away :!:

Two words.......Propane Cannon!!! The one we used years ago sounded like a shotgun going off

·
Registered
449 Posts
We use propane cannons here to scare the geese off grass seed fields. They get so thick they csan ruin a field in no time, especially if it has rained for days. They pull the plants out of the ground. They kill a new seeded pasture. Our Thunder mugs are 2" bores, some of the fireworks mortars are 6"....James

·
Registered
906 Posts
And here I thought a "thunder mug" went under the bed for when it was too cold to make the trip the the house behind the house in your PJs! The education you get on this forum!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
bettyp said:
bikerdave said:
And here I thought a "thunder mug" went under the bed for when it was too cold to make the trip the the house behind the house in your PJs! The education you get on this forum!
Nobody but you Biker Dave.
Betty, a thunder mug would be better name than many things I have heard a "chamber pot" called.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts