Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did or does anyone plant or butcher by the time of the moon? Mom & Dad never did, but several neighbors did. They said to plant when the moon was getting bigger for a better harvest, butcher when the moon was near full for less shrinkage. Just curious on whether this was a local this or covers a larger area.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I never understood it, but my neighbor who is ninety four does it religiously. Oh, his garden is always much better than mine!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
My grandma's followed the moon along with the signs to a t and always had good results. I guess I still find myself doing it a lot also. Plant above ground crops on the new moon below ground in the dark nights, cut hay when the moon is growing old and it will cure out faster just to name a few and if you have to have a body part worked on do it when the sign is as far away from it for the least pain ie: when I told her I was having my wisdom teeth pulled and was dreading it from what I had heard other people say she ask me when I was having it done and when I told her she looked at her book calender and said signs are going from the knees to the feet then it'll be fine. Maybe it was luck I don't know but I didn't even swell and no after affects.

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
I know the older folks in the neighborhood still follow the signs, but I do things when I can to fit my schedule. I don't think the younger folks pay much attention to the signs.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Your Grandma's speaks wise words Mike :!: ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts