Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
time to get going the days are going by fast wife started tomatoes lettice various cut flowers and sunflowers today leeks and Spanish onions I have custom grown as the have to be started in jan from seed and not cost efficient to open up greenhouse for them

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
We will hopefully awaken to spring one day and realize we are two weeks behind with planting :!: :idea: :eek:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cultivated 2 fields yesterday to pull the frost they were dry on top but im sure they will be weter today as it will pull the frost up as top 6 in ok then the next 6 in are a frozen base want to plant Spanish onion bulbs and glads covered with clear plastic middle of next week the lazy days of winter are gone now :D :D :D going to try the early lettice in plastic mulch this year I have white on black and straight black going to try some on each kind to see what works better the white on black is quite a bit cooler we have a new variety to try from johhnys seed grows like head lettice but if you cut the core out supposed to make a nice salad mix its a one cut and seed is pricey

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Only thing I put out is sweet banana peppers.I love them fried..

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
We planted several types of squash, cukes, and melons today in cell trays and hope in about 3 weeks it will be dry enuff to put them in the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts