Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to take a day or two and run MrsMassey to her brothers place in Arkansas.... He got a new titanium knee installed today...maybe titanium, I don't know. Hips are, knees may be different....Do we have any "bionic" forum members ??

We're staying in his house taking care of his pooch, Annie. What a mansion !! Feels like the Waldorf to me....not that they'd let me even INSIDE the Waldorf... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
I don't know much about them Wendell, but I do know that I have encountered several people, a couple of neighbors and farmers, that have had either knee or hip replacements recently. I have heard on more than one occasion that they no longer can stand the pain and want to be functional, but they are also getting these things done because of the new healthcare system that may be coming. Putting politics into one's health decisions will not cure a sick government. :roll:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well, I dont, least not yet. In the past when I have discussed replacements with my doc, hes mentioned all kinds of combinations of materials, but I dont recall which was for which joint. Hes mention titanium, stainless, plastic, even foam rubber.

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
For all that expense, rehab, and healing time, I sure hope it is rust proof :!: :shock: :lol:

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Good luck to him Wendell, not sure what they make them from now, used to be made from surgical grade stainless steel, and nylon socket.
Replacement legs on the other hand, I'm told are made from titanium, aluminium, and carbon fiber, with stainless fasteners, and nylon bushings....However.....
If I ever get the chance to jump the big muddy for a visit......... DON'T turn the Magnet on..... :shock:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BigDaveinKY said:
Good luck to him Wendell, not sure what they make them from now, used to be made from surgical grade stainless steel, and nylon socket.
Replacement legs on the other hand, I'm told are made from titanium, aluminium, and carbon fiber, with stainless fasteners, and nylon bushings....However.....
If I ever get the chance to jump the big muddy for a visit......... DON'T turn the Magnet on..... :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will make sure to be careful, BigDave.... :lol: :lol: That was funny sir.

I'm sure everything will be just fine, the surgeon is the same used by the Arkansas Razorbacks and is supposed to be one of the best. We are almost ready to go for a visit, now that the anesthesia should be worn off and he can talk a little more coherent. Thanks for the well wishes, everyone... :D :D

petra79 said:
There is Bionic Betty :p :p
I know MissBetty told me of her hip problem Ron, but didn't recall that she'd had a replacement. Hmmmmmmm...our own "Six Million Dollar" woman, right here on ATF !!!! Cooooool. :cool: :cool: :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
missouri massey man said:
petra79 said:
There is Bionic Betty :p :p
I know MissBetty told me of her hip problem Ron, but didn't recall that she'd had a replacement. Hmmmmmmm...our own "Six Million Dollar" woman, right here on ATF !!!! Cooooool. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Better make that 12 Million - - Both hips :? :?
RON ONLY RIGHT ONE REPLACED & LEFT 3 SCREW BP

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Yes Wendell I thought I had share my hip replacment.I broke my right hip on April 29 07,
LEFT hip Feb 7 08. August 27 08 had hip replacement Had 3 screws put in both hips at the time broken
but the right hip had to be replace, Three surgeries in 16 months. Yes Wendell I have one of those Titanium
Hips and 3 screws in the left . Can I still toss the sandbags for you :?: :?: I am the Bonic woman :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some days can hardly make it and other days do well I just go with the flow. Give me something to laugh aboutand it makes a good day for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Just an fyi Betty, soon after you help Wendell with the sandbags, I will begin to mow and bale the fall hay crop. So ifn you fell like throwing some hay bales around, let me know. :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Jim in NC said:
Just an fyi Betty, soon after you help Wendell with the sandbags, I will begin to mow and bale the fall hay crop. So ifn you fell like throwing some hay bales around, let me know. :lol:
Well Jim I have to think about that because Ron & his family are soon to visit Henry & I have to be here for RON. WE LOVE IT WHEN THEY VISIT. Ron won't want me to toss sandbags. I'll keep you in mind . :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
bettyp said:
Jim in NC said:
Well Jim I have to think about that because Ron & his family are soon to visit Henry & I have to be here for RON. WE LOVE IT WHEN THEY VISIT. Ron won't want me to toss sandbags. I'll keep you in mind . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't you guys dare mess with them there cookin hands and huggin arms :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
petra79 said:
bettyp said:
Jim in NC said:
Don't you guys dare mess with them there cookin hands and huggin arms :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Shux Ron, by the time MissBetty gets done tossing sandbags and bales of hay, her arms will be as strong as Popeye.....she'll probably hug you so tight, your eyes will bug out.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: We would NEVER overwork her to where she couldn't poke on the keyboard anyway.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
We were lookin' out for ya Ron :!: ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts