Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seek approval from ATF members and suggest a grassroots movement be started that henceforth today, June 29,2012 be simply called FRYDAY. :idea: :eek: :shock: I believe it is a perfect descriptive term to describe this day in weather record-keeping and history. What yall think :?:

G

·
0 Posts
Was watchin Nascar qualifying. They were FRYing eggs n bacon on the asphalt at the track in Ky. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
petra79 said:
Was watchin Nascar qualifying. They were FRYing eggs n bacon on the asphalt at the track in Ky. :shock:
One of the local tv stations did that here a few years ago during a hot spell. I think the egg is about done now with today's temps. :?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Cooled down this eve after the storm passed to the south of us. Daughter lost a mountain ash tree in the heavy winds, - she lives 6 miles south of us, - we had nearly no wind & no measurable rain. It was near 95 around 3 p.m. before storm came thru, now it's about 70.
Bob

·
Registered
926 Posts
We have had our first day of 110; after a few days of near that its cooled off to 100 104. Longer range weather shows it creeping up higher . I know most of You folks normally dont see temps up to 110 or higher; and those temps are rough. Now where Dick is at, out there it really knows how to get hot.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Jim that a good call for yesterday . Seen 105 on our themonter ,and my air condition just try to shut down and air condition man said it was doing all it could and couldn't take the hot air out. We had what they called a tunder storm with no rain. It flew through and lower the temperatue down in 70 tiesand my air conditioner was so happy.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jim i've heard for years of frying eggs and bacon on the pavement. Never knew if it would work; as i never tried it. A guy learns a lot of neat stuff here. BTW thats a great idea calling it fryday. Now we need to come up with something catchy for the other days. :D :D

·
Administrator
3,964 Posts
I'll go with that, I got Fryed out in the hayfield. ;)
With the air tempature of 105 and humidture of 118, I went through a gallon of water in three hours. :roll:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
I'll go with that, I got Fryed out in the hayfield. ;)
With the air tempature of 105 and humidture of 118, I went through a gallon of water in three hours. :roll:
Big Dave you are supose to pic a cooler day to work in hay . :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mgood said:
Jim i've heard for years of frying eggs and bacon on the pavement. Never knew if it would work; as i never tried it. A guy learns a lot of neat stuff here. BTW thats a great idea calling it fryday. Now we need to come up with something catchy for the other days. :D :D
Workin' on the other days Melvin :!: ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Jim in NC said:
mgood said:
Workin' on the other days Melvin :!: ;)
I'm thinking of "Two's-day" meaning that you take a really good nap in the middle of the day making two days out of one! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jamie, I thought about " DRYDAY" but that describes most every day lately :!: :roll: Come to think about it, I believe it would work. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SUNDAY works perfectly fine for one of our weather days of the week. Perhaps until this heat is broken and each day seems like the last one, perhaps a 3 day week consisting of FRYDAY, DRYDAY, and SUNDAY is all we need. :idea: :?: :!: :shock: ;) :)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Jim in NC said:
I seek approval from ATF members and suggest a grassroots movement be started that henceforth today, June 29,2012 be simply called FRYDAY. :idea: :eek: :shock: I believe it is a perfect descriptive term to describe this day in weather record-keeping and history. What yall think :?:
Good idea, Jim. FRYday ... ingenious my friend ;) ;) :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yesterday, Saturday was SWELTERDAY :!: :eek: For the last several days, Corn and maters are not coming out of the rolled up or wilted stage now overnight. There is no moisture rising. I asked a few folks who have creeks on their property at the farmers market yesterday if water was flowing in them. Most said yes but "very slowly". I am surprised that towns and cities have not began water restrictions yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts