Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took him a year but Brandon finally convinced the upper management in the company he works for to let him put a tractor display in the store where he works. It happened about two weeks ago when a e-mail was sent to all the stores with the picture of a display from one in a different location that said "Can anyone beat this display?" Brandon took advantage of this when the store manager showed him and told him "I can if you'll let me bring my tractor in." Brandon did one of these a few years ago in a different store he worked at after seeing Casemans video of the one he did and liked it. After getting some cushaws and goards left from the garden he loaded the tractor and we got it up there about 9 pm.

Unloading and getting ready.

This is where I left him about 10 pm because I needed to get my beauty sleep. :lol:
His mom and wife were cheering him on.

Here is him and his friend Derick some where around 5 the next morning.

Here is the final product the next morning.

When we got to the store Saturday morning to see the display the store manager came over and told me the first customer through the door walked up to the display and said 'That reminds me of my grandpa." and the manager called Brandon last night and told him it was a constant flow of people talking about how there dad, grandpa or some of the older men had one just like it learned or drive on them all kind of stories. Hopefully its something a lot of people will enjoy.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Absolutely awesome !!! That is one cooooool display Gordon. Those boys can be right proud of their accomplishment !!!! ...Btw, did the beauty rest do its job adequately ??? :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to say but theres a reason I aint in any of the pics. Something about needing the camera for some more pics. :D :D :D
Thanks for the nice comments. They worked hard on it.

G

·
0 Posts
Not only did the boys do a great job but you did as well sir (if you catch my thoughts).
Love the display............................

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice display Gordon I love it when they let us guys use them tractor for displays.. ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Wonderful display! :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Beautiful work! I can see why it would bring back some memories. Makes customers more comfortable which is always a good thing. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
A great display and use of a neat tractor! Who took the pics at 5AM? Somebody that did not need enny beauty sleep? And Gordon, how much must one have to see results? Might use it as an excuse to get a little more rest :!: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to thank everybody for the kind words. They worked very hard and I think they did a good job. Its been interesting to hear what a lot of people have had to say. One man came in from Connecticut and quoted the tractor chapter and verse and went through all the equipment you could get with the quick hitch. He said they were very popular tractors up there when he was growing up.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
gordon1121 said:
Its been interesting to hear what a lot of people have had to say. One man came in from Connecticut and quoted the tractor chapter and verse and went through all the equipment you could get with the quick hitch. He said they were very popular tractors up there when he was growing up.
Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. I believe it tends to bring out the best in people.

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
You built a very nice display Brandon. :D I hope it's the one the company sends around for years to say, "can you beat this."
Only thing is, now you have to come up with more display ideas to top yourself. ;)

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Thanks a lot for the kind words everybody :D The display was a blast to put together, and even more fun to see reactions as folks walk in. I think the overall mood in the store must have increased since doing this, crazy as it may sound - it seems like everybody in this area has a connection to one of the "culti-vision" tractors... it's been a blast!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts