Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got all our junk out together at once for the first time so I took the opportunity to snap a few pics.

·
Registered
926 Posts
You guys have a really good collection going there; looks like from here most of the major makes. I am really proud to see Your whole family taking such an active part and to see the fascination there.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mgood said:
You guys have a really good collection going there; looks like from here most of the major makes. I am really proud to see Your whole family taking such an active part and to see the fascination there.
Thank you! I think we are just missing a Case and I feel we'd have a pretty complete collection....

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's a nice bunch of junk!

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Very good looking collection. If you keep going your going to ave to build on to the barn but that would be a good problem to have.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, it was a hot one this weekend but I got the radiator back on and worked on the govenor some so we could all take our first rides on the H. The barns in the pictures are empty so i'm pretty good with space :) The building you dont see in the pics is where they are stored and to tell the truth I could fit 2-3 more in there before I use the other buildings...NOT that i'm counting :D :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah ATF-er's, I've been there & know he can easily handle a few more in the tractor barn. Then there is the "BIG" barn where with a little removing of some stalls/etc. he could handle another 25 row crop tractors, if I got the chance to park them.
A classmate of mine has 40 or so parked so tight that you have to crawl over them just to open the sliding door from inside. Good thing the man-door swings out so you can even get inside.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
7,855 Posts
Very nice collection Derick. I don't care what Bob sezs. Ifn you keep collecting at the present pace, you will need more room. Might as well accept it and be planning for it :!: :lol: It's a good problem to have :!: ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim in NC said:
Very nice collection Derick. I don't care what Bob sezs. Ifn you keep collecting at the present pace, you will need more room. Might as well accept it and be planning for it :!: :lol: It's a good problem to have :!: ;)
Thanks Jim :D i personally am hoping to stop when I get a good Case.....that way I have at least one of each major manufacturer....of course I wasnt looking for an H Farmall either :lol: In my defense though Farmalls are hard to pass up ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wizzard said:
isnt it a great feelin knowing you can have your own private tractor show :lol: nice collection ya got there
Its funny you say that....my parents came up for the day and thats the main reason I got them all out and lined them up. My Dad has so many health issues its not funny...from needing a bypass he cant have to parkinsons, to the malformed spine withherniated discs, to the triple hernia operation he is suppossed to this Thursday. He loves the tractors but cant even get on one, he hasnt seen the Deere or the Ford or the H so I lined them up and got him into our old gold cart and drove him by the tractors and gave him the grand tour. So yes, it is great to have your own tractor show sometimes :D Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
What, a "CASE", - I thought you were wanting a "Checker-Board" Oliver? In fact there is a 1550 row crop (with cab) about 10 miles from me , been setting since spring for sale.
On that wide front Case that was "stored" @ your "stable", I showed a club member (Family were Case dealers) pictures of that wide front & he said he would need to look thru his books to see if that was a "add-on" front or original Case item. Another club member said, hey that looks just like the DC-3 that I had & may be @ his sons place "somewhere" yet.
Bob

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bob Kline said:
What, a "CASE", - I thought you were wanting a "Checker-Board" Oliver? In fact there is a 1550 row crop (with cab) about 10 miles from me , been setting since spring for sale.
On that wide front Case that was "stored" @ your "stable", I showed a club member (Family were Case dealers) pictures of that wide front & he said he would need to look thru his books to see if that was a "add-on" front or original Case item. Another club member said, hey that looks just like the DC-3 that I had & may be @ his sons place "somewhere" yet.
Bob
Checker board Oliver will be my retirment gift to myself 12 years from now :lol: I want a Case VC VAC VOA etc.....nice and small to fit in our little shed ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts