Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting from Northern Michigan. I do not own an antique tractor yet but may in the future. In the mean time, I will enjoy reading this forum. I have attached a photo taken in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan in the late 1940's. The two men are my father and grandfather. The tractor was being delivered to my other grandfather on Sugar Island, Michigan. Can anyone identify the make and model of this tractor?. I have been searching but so far I have not come up with the answer. Thank you very much for your time.
Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greeting from Northern Michigan. I do not own an antique tractor yet but may in the future. In the mean time, I will enjoy reading this forum. I have attached a photo taken in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan in the late 1940's. The two men are my father and grandfather. The tractor was being delivered to my other grandfather on Sugar Island, Michigan. Can anyone identify the make and model of this tractor?. I have been searching but so far I have not come up with the answer. Thank you very much for your time.
Rick
At a quick glance, the shape of the tire rims reminds me of a Farmall F-20. But then looking closer- the spokes aren't quite the same and the center hub is different (held on with one giant nut) also the steering wheel coming up on an angle and not straight on like an F-20. That center hub nut design sort of reminds me of Fordsons and Silver King but i can't see it being either of those.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Looks to me like a McCormck-deering 10 20. The pulley and air cleaner are in the right place for a 10 20. Without the rear mudguards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks to Red Kiwi and Kent. I had not found the picture that Kent did of the rear wheels. My parents and grandparents lived a very modest life and this reinforces that fact. This was in the late '40s and was my grandfather's first tractor. And as you have now shown, it was already 20 years old. He later purchased a McCormick W4 that I learned to drive in the '60s. I may look for one of those as another toy for the barn. Again, thanks to both of you and to the others who have welcomed me to this site. I look forward to reading and learning about these old machines.
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts