Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if i ever posted any pictures about this. These are a couple old beer delivery boxes. One is off the 55

The other could be off another truck i just found to be in existence. Just when i thought all my great grandpas trucks were gone but this one another one turns up on a relatives farm. Could be what this bed was on

although the logos predate the truck by a few years which makes one wonder, if this bed was on that truck what would have happened to the original truck?

The first is in good shape. Not rusted out anywhere. Been inside it. Actually found a old AC electric motor in there.

The other as you can tell has some damage to it. I have no idea how or why it rusted out on the front like that but it did. Must have had fertilizer sitting on that corner or something. I'd be crazy enough to fix it if i ever want to put it on something :?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I don't know what would happen to your gas mileage on the 4400 if it was to be packing around the weight of one of these. I'd vote on a deluxe flatbed instead, but that's just me.

I had two Anhueser Busch beer truck beds, one I traded for a '62 Galaxie back in the late '70s and the other is still sitting at my dad's old house stacked full of stuff by the new owner. Up on blocks it's not rusted down hardly at all in 30 years.

Good luck on whatever you decide Ray.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to leave the flatbed for now. It would be real handy to have around here. These i do some day want to put on something if i ever find some trucks to put them on. Would look pretty sharp all painted up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts