Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I am in the need for a carb for my WD45, I had to drill out the brass ****** that comes out of the bottom of the sediment bowl, and done a poor job of it. I have put a new comprehensive kit in it, and I thought I had done a fairly good job considering what I started with, but I can get fuel to the cylinders, I can cover the inlet while cranking it, but the plugs never seem to show any signs of fuel. I have spark, and good compression, but I cant even get it to fire with starting fluid. I am open to any suggestions or ideas, or where I can find a salvage carb or parts that i can put my kit in. Thanks in advance, and God Bless.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You could check some local tractor salvage yards to see if they have one off a salvage tractor. If you are not that close to one, I am sure they would pull and ship a carburetor.
Tractor shows are another place to pick up small and larger parts.
And there's always Ebay, to find one. and also face book marketplace, and several
Antique tractor salvage yards are online with numbers to call. new paris comes to mind.
WD45's were produced several years, so I would say that locating a replacement wouldn't take very long.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
stimeu,
Welcome! I just did a TSX464 and had to drill out the bottom brass main jet too. It wasnt pretty but I was fortunate and got the threads retapped #8-32 thread. And installed the new jet/ orfice.
I assume you mean this one?

I have not tried my carb yet.

So the no gas thing. I assume you have gas to the carb through tank, sediment bowl, line ...? Have you opened the drain on the bottom of the carb bowl and have gas flow from there? The brass venturi is in place?

If no gas in the carb the float could be closed. I have heard these can rub on the side of the bowl. Double check the needle valve is not sticking closed?

Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize for being away so long, I travel from time to time, and this one kept me away longer than normal. I have fuel to the carb, but it don't seem to get to the plugs, the fitting I had to drill out is the large one that has a jet that comes up into the middle of the air horn, the big hole in the second pic. Again I apologize for not getting back to this post, I am really needing to get this tractor moving without buying a new carb, before I do that I am going to tear it apart again now that the weather is becoming pleasant. Thanks for you reply/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts