Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This was almost a topic for the What Is It forum for real....but a little twisting, turning and goofing around with it we've discovered its function. Now I feel like a dummy. Of course I'll really feel like a dummy if it turns out to be NOT what we've decided it to be....

It reads Blue Streak Torrington, Conn. Made in USA. The Turner and Seymour Mfg Co. Now no fair Googling it, and usually I wouldn't leave it unidentified, but would you like to venture a guess as to what you thought it was???? The next picture with it properly mounted should give it away.

Of course it would not be found on a tailgate of a pickup truck....but more than likely in a kitchen.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ernie N Ky said:
Can opener?
Absolutely correct Ernie !!! I didn't see it until we got it oriented correctly on the tail gate. We only had a good old Folgers one pound coffee can to try it on, but didn't want to destroy it. I bet with your dad being into old tools like he is you have seen more than your share and can identify plenty of this stuff...even though you ARE a youngster...

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
He does like to show me his new prizes :lol: I bet a lot of cans got dropped out from under that opener :shock:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Will it open french cans? :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The can opener we have at the soup kitchen where I volunteer 2X month has one that is not much younger than the one you have. It is one serious can opener!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Alaskan said:
The can opener we have at the soup kitchen where I volunteer 2X month has one that is not much younger than the one you have. It is one serious can opener!
Neither of us had ever seen one quite as old as this and neither of us really spending a lot of time in the kitchen didn't recognize it for what it was until we pondered on it awhile. That's what us old guys do...sit around and ponder....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts