Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a big (16" across) snapping turtle on the road. My first thought was mulligan stew :D , but when I measured it I saw it had the 3 ridges on the shell :x It was an alligator snapper,endangered species. I carried it off the road so it didn't get run over this time. It sure would have tasted good ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
With all that water yall are getting, there's no telling what might wash up :!: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That ain't no lie Jim. From Thursday evening through Saturday morning we got just shy of 5".
There won't be a second planting of sweet corn in my garden. Green bean didn't come up very good, so will be planting some in July and hope we don't get a early frost.

·
Super Moderator
8,531 Posts
Not trying to tell what to do, but I wouldn't wait until July unless it's not dry enuff by then. I plant a few all along and am gonna put some out today before our upcoming wet spell. I can usually plant 'em here through the first week of August. It's gonna be way up into July before we have any sweet corn. My first April planting is only about 15 inches tall, and I plowed most of it up and re-planted. It is about 4' tall. :(

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Green beans around here will bloom, but won't set when it gets too hot. I've had pretty good luck when I plant the end of July as it's usually cooler by the time they bloom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts