Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colds always seem to affect me worse than everyone else. Almost feel like its the flu, but Im pretty sure its not! Feel better today than yesterday, buit still feel like curling up in a hole and hiding for a week!!!! Any home rememdies that have helped you guys???

·
Registered
308 Posts
John we have been struggling here, tried everything from warm lemonade, bourbon & honey, paracetamol, olabas oil... nothing working. Les got so bad had to spend a night in hosp, consultant says its viral and hitting hard..Take care hope you find something to help you ....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only problem with that is my wifes always gets the alcohol free kind!!! Guess shes scared Ill slip back into my "regular" versions of alcohol!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Lots of rest helps a lot - but dont take chances see a Dr several new strains of the flue are here and going around..hope you feel better soon. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Sorry you are feeling badly John. I am sure you know all the things to try. I hope you get relief soon. When I get a cold, I usually keep going if possible. I seem to deal with it better if I can find something to do.

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
Sorry, Your under the weather John, and that I have no suggestions. :oops:
The last time I was sick was 33 years ago when I took a flu shot, then spent five days sick in bed. :roll:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, got my MD appointment for 4pm today. Called in work this morning only to find out the other person I work with in the warehouses called in. So here I sit in my office, sneezing, coughing and hacking my head off. Good thing I work in an off site warehouse, my boss lady wont show up and wont catch me taking that 20 minute nap Im going to need later!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 2 1/2 hour doctor visit, 1 prescription of high dollar medicine that my insurance wont cover, which I fully expected since they dont pay anything else, and I still dont feel any better! Well, maybe a tad better. No fever today!!

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
John M said:
1 2 1/2 hour doctor visit, 1 prescription of high dollar medicine that my insurance wont cover, which I fully expected since they dont pay anything else, and I still dont feel any better! Well, maybe a tad better. No fever today!!

I think Mrs. Jim and I went to the same doctor last year :!: :roll: :?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim in NC said:
I think Mrs. Jim and I went to the same doctor last year :!: :roll: :?
Well, I expected to wait, since I really didnt have an appointment, but not that long! Heck, they close at 5, and I got there right at 4, so at 6:30 or so I finally walk out, 120 buck poorer than I went in there with! Now have to wait on wifes insurance to reimburse, after my insurance refuses the charges. Funny thing is, they are both the same insurance company, she just has better coverage than I do, both are through our jobs. Mine with cover my DJD doctor and meds though, since its a "beyond the range of a family doctor" care.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
"Service with a Mile"...of red tape :!: :!: :!: :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts