Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what brand of mower this is? Don't let the green paint fool you. Some of the cast parts have casting numbers that strat with a P; also have unside down trianble with a V or W in it.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
I'm thinking it could be avika verkin (swedish) or maybe Hercules with the break away stuck out like that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did a google search for both types and came up with nothing. Is the speeling for the swedish one correct?

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
The search for the Hercules comes up on Google, the Avika verkin was a mower brought into the country many years ago, I used to assemble them in the early 1950's but couldn't read the instructions because of the language, they were mainly 3pt. linkage.
I suspect they may have changed the name to Hercules, because if my memory serves me correctly, they stopped coming in under that brand name and the Hercules came in its place.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried googing "Herculaes Sickle Mower", and did not get any inof on these mowers. Perhaps you could send me a link.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good point ... but I did have it spelled right when I googled ... what I got was info on sickle mowers of other brands (1 mention of hercules) and googling hercules alone get mainly info on the hercules engine!

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
The closest I could get was someone else wanting info on the Hercules, his has a 6ft sickle bar, 3 point linkage and painted green !. :roll: A mate of mine has 2 semi mounted, if I can get him to take a photo I'll put it on the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts