Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gordon, thanks for asking it is parked in the back of the tool shed covered witha cotton blanket to keep it clean. I hope that the Mrs don't go looking for the blanket. You know you have to keep that red paint pretty and clean. I get it out ever few days and ride it to the mail box. That 264 with oversized pistons with a 3 foot straight pipe sure is music to my eays. I don't hear to good any way to many years on the crawler cranes driving pileing. On one alone bridge alone I drove 60,000 feet of 12 inch sch. 80 pipe they went down about 70 feet. They had a 14 inch by 3/4 plate welded on the bottom. My shop does not have room for a wood stove. If I have to do some thing when it is real cold I have a small propane heater I use. The 400 is waiting for warm weather to do the sheet metal. The next time M M M is here maybe I can get him to take a picture of it with no sheet metal. Come on warm weather I am ready to finish the 400. Then I can start some thing else. M M M want to put a truck transmisson to drive his sand blaster, it is here and we will work it over. That is all I know for now. 400 propane

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Thanks for the update. I remembered the post he did on your tractor and it was looking good. If I remember right you all had been mounting some tires. I love the old farmalls and it looked like you were doing a complete job on the 400. My father in law retired from heavy equipment. He did mainly road work through the 60's and 70's then got tired of being gone a lot and worked pretty much local in the 80's till he retired. He worked 75 from Covington to Tennessee and some on 64 and 65 he ran scrappers and pans along with push tractors most of the time but pretty much did it all in time. He spent the last ten years on a 977k then a 963. I ran the 977 a couple of times just playing around wish I had one on the farm sure would be handy. If you can get your brother out of bed at a resonable time tell him to get some pictures cause we all like to see them. Gordon

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
gordon1121 said:
If you can get your brother out of bed at a resonable time tell him to get some pictures cause we all like to see them. Gordon
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I keep telling you guys that I'm the lazy one around here so I still ain't gonna get up until 5:30 !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I gotta get my beauty rest. ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
missouri massey man said:
gordon1121 said:
If you can get your brother out of bed at a resonable time tell him to get some pictures cause we all like to see them. Gordon
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I keep telling you guys that I'm the lazy one around here so I still ain't gonna get up until 5:30 !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I gotta get my beauty rest. ;) ;)

You need to sleep later! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gordnon, we were raised on a dairy farm you know what that means. From the time I was in the 7 th grade dad got me up to go help with milking and feeding. Go to the barn 7 days a week, so my motor got used to getting up early and, I still do. When I was working construction we started to work at 7:00 a m . I would leave home at 5:00 a m to get to the job on time. When you are a operator the other people most of the time can not do any thing to speak of when they are waiting for the crane to move material. M M M never had to do that kind of work on the farm. I will tell you I would not take a million dollars for all experience I got faming. Butchering all our own hogs beef the meat is so much better than anyting you can buy in any store. I learned to gut the hogs and beef a long time ago. I is all hard work but, in the end it is all woth it. Like I said, we will cut up 7 on the 23 rd of Feb. M M M gets to do all the easy work like mixing the sausage, putting it in the vacuum bags for the wemon to seal. You know all the hard " STUFF ". Just as well for all I know is hard WORK and WORRY. Well Gordon, I hope I did not bore you to much I am the quiet one in the family. As you know M M M never runs out of some thing to say. All for now 400 propane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts