Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good stuff, Gordon!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gordon, thanks for the links! I've been on that site several times and never saw that before. I have 7 V series tractors, a 1941 VC, 1944 VAC, 1947 VAC, 1950 VAC WFE, 1950 VAC single front wheel, 1952 VAS, and a 1954 VAC-14.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Gordon;
Thanks for posting.
The fellow who owns the website actually got the info for part 1 of the VAC story from me! I dont know why I didnt think to post the info on here.
Nick

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Sure was a good story Gordon. It renewed my interest in those little Case's. Reminds me of the VAC a fellow gave to me after installing central air for him...H'e bought the unit somewhere used and asked me for a favor. Not expecting anything but a thank you from a good friend the following sunday I was BBQing some pork steaks and here he comes tugging this little VAC up my driveway behind his neighbors tractor. He said I'd "busted him" as he didn't think I was home and was gonna sneak the little guy back in my lineup of dead stuff in the woods to see how long it'd be before noticed !!!!

Thanks for the link and you DID get the pages in correct order. Very interesting indeed.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody. I thought it was intresting to put a face with the person who actualy came up with the tractor design. I'd love to get my hands on that corn picker to. Does anybody know if they ever built one for the VAC? I don't remember ever seeing one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gordon, yes, they did. Model PM. I have all the books and someday I will own one!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Article, Thanks for posting.

Some of the pictures reference "Case Factory Eagle Vol. 4 No. 3. Does anyone know what that is.

Specifically I am looking for a better copy of the picture in the 4th link of the CASE VAIW tugs. I own one and would like to see more of these pictures.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bill, they are referring to the CASE company magazine. They pop up on that certain auction site occasionally and also at flea markets. I have some other photos of the tugs, I will have to see if I can locate them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts