Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited a man in Ghent, NY parting out a 1955 VAC yesterday, I'd gotten parts from him before. I picked up a set of hubs for my 34" rims/tires, a couple of good fenders for 34", a dash/battery box for the universal joint style steering in perfect condition (these are hard to find!) and a pair of front rims with brand new tires on them. Also a junker grill to cut out some pieces for patching.

The one that got away: He had a pair of brand new Firestone 11.2x34 inch tires on rims, nice enough for a show tractor, not a crack or blemish on them. I'm going to be kicking myself for walking away from those for a long time.

Here's my haul:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Looks like you did real good Phil. They all look good. Don't know what he wanted for the 34" tires but there scarce as hens teeth around here and just about as high as a tractor new.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was asking $250 each for the tires on the rims. If I hadn't recently bought a set (not as good), they would have come home with me. He asked me what I thought about the price, I told him they were a steal, so I think he was going to re-list them higher. Just being honest, the tires alone go for $600 each new.

He bought the 1955 VAC locally for $600 *gasp* and parted it because he had no luck selling others complete. It was basically flawless. If I ever find a deal like that I'll just figure I've used up my luck for life.

For the record, I got 2 34" hubs, a battery box/dash (no rust), 2 front rims with new tires, 2 unrusted and undented fenders for 34" tires, all for $425.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
yep.. small tractors are going cheap.. my vac was less than a thou.. and so was my farmall C both running, needing work.,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts