Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week while spreading fertilizer on the pasture I took a few pics from atop the pasture hill across the holler towards the house and barns.

·
Super Moderator
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stephenscity said:
What a picture perfect setting!! Love the old buildings!!

Me too :!: I get along with old things much better :!:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Great looking place.

·
Administrator
4,085 Posts
Nice place Jim, makes me homesick for where I grew up in the hills along the Ohio river.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Great pictures of your place. I noticed you have pretty good pile of winter heat all split and stacked just a waiting on the temp to drop again. Neat to be living on the old family homestead, Jim, I'm sure. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
missouri massey man said:
Great pictures of your place. I noticed you have pretty good pile of winter heat all split and stacked just a waiting on the temp to drop again. Neat to be living on the old family homestead, Jim, I'm sure. ;)
Soon I hope to post my and Mrs. Jim's woodworking efforts over the so-called winter. I don't know if we measure up to your operation, but we have several winter's worth of wood ready. I sell some during the winter, usually 40 to 50 loads, but I think this year it might have been a dozen. :roll: We still have to put it under the sheds which in my case means to cover the stacks with used roofing tin.

·
Registered
484 Posts
A wonderful looking place,the old farm houses have much more character than a lot of new ones,a lovely place to live Jim.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks a great place to live... many thanks for the pics :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Love the pictures.What a beautiful farm.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Jim you truly have a very pretty place and I love the old barns. I have told my wife as we were traveling before if I ever had to leave Kentucky I would want to go to east or central North Carolina it reminds me of home.

·
Super Moderator
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind words everyone. We feel blessed to live here. We are the fifth generation owners of this farm and I often picture myself climbing, crawling, and exploring in the barns as when a kid. Back then, I never knew what I would discover. When I do it these days, I know I have lost something :!: :roll: :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good looking place Jim, Its great that you appreciate living there. A lot of folk dont care about where they live, but I think most country folk do.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Tha Ulsterscot said:
Good looking place Jim, Its great that you appreciate living there. A lot of folk dont care about where they live, but I think most country folk do.
Yessir, like the old saying goes: "You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the boy".
More than crops take roots on the farm.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts