Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This tract of grandmother's farm belongs to my uncle. I have tended it since 1981 just as mom's. It is now in hay land except for about an acre. I usually plant some farmers market stuff there, but I have lots of trouble keepin' the deer away across the road, so I am gonna let it rest this year.
One section of this tract has been in hay for as long as I can remember. Between my grandaddy, my dad, and myself tending it, there's no tellin' how many bales of hay I have handled and hauled off of this field.

Looking down the road from the tractor, on the right is my uncle's property, and on the left is mom's.

Across the road and to the right of mom's house is about 3 acres of cleared land where we plant most of our farmers market stuff. The white bags are part of our deer defenses.

And finally, the front mom's house from the middle of the hayfield. I gotta get Grandson William busy ifn he is gonna handle as many bales as his "Gandaddy" :!: ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bright sun bleached out the color a bit, but it is mostly fescue with some orchard grass and a little ladino clover. I baled it last Saturday. There were around 320 bales in that section.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am hopin' that I mowed the last for the season today. I got about 8 acres down, and it is split between two other farms. We have the possibility of severe storms tomorrow, but not too much rain. I gotta get this done. There are just too many irons in the fire. It may be really wet here from mid-week towards next week-end. I got a lotta cultivating and hoeing to do too.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Jim that sure is a nice place and I'm really glad to hear its going to stay in the family. You and your family are truley blessed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts