Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the warmer weather crops are starting to take off. I dont want to jinx the first pull of the year next Sunday at West Alton , Mo, butttttt a shower wouldnt hurt a thing.

Reactions: iko

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Looking good. We have gotten nice, slow rain this week. We needed it.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
I haven't seen and cornfields around, but I've been busy and just taken the same routes to get supplies.
All the neighboring farmers have planted beans this year. They are mostly up about an inch or two waiting on some rain.
What last things I planted in the garden at the first of June are the same.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't seen and cornfields around, but I've been busy and just taken the same routes to get supplies.
All the neighboring farmers have planted beans this year. They are mostly up about an inch or two waiting on some rain.
What last things I planted in the garden at the first of June are the same.
Beans look good, but like the corn are growing really well now that it warmed up and could use a drink

Reactions: iko

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looking good. I think rain is supposed to start in sometime Sunday here, by the forecast, but that could change between now and then.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking good. I think rain is supposed to start in sometime Sunday here, by the forecast, but that could change between now and then.
Supposedly tomorrow evening or Sunday evening we have a good chance for some then

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Supposedly tomorrow evening or Sunday evening we have a good chance for some then
1.5” last night and this morning will make a big difference in the next couple days

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
I hope you continue to get the weather you need to finish off that nice corn. Here with our differing soil types and our unusual weather early corn is very uneven. Some has suffered from drowning, grass and weeds, and leaching of nutrients. It's been hard for farmers to get in their fields to spray and fertilize them. The most even crops are those recently planted. Tobacco growers were rushing to get their crop in by June 5. That's the insurance deadline on tobacco. Not everyone made it. Beans planted since the first of June look pretty good, but they are still hugging the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope you continue to get the weather you need to finish off that nice corn. Here with our differing soil types and our unusual weather early corn is very uneven. Some has suffered from drowning, grass and weeds, and leaching of nutrients. It's been hard for farmers to get in their fields to spray and fertilize them. The most even crops are those recently planted. Tobacco growers were rushing to get their crop in by June 5. That's the insurance deadline on tobacco. Not everyone made it. Beans planted since the first of June look pretty good, but they are still hugging the ground.
Ran down to the bean field that i took the picture of earlier last week
Looks like the heat we had helped them along with that rain

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This corn by the house is just growing like crazy after the tain we had Sunday and Monday. I m sure if i didnt work nights i could hear it growing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe you actually could hear it growing. Its really taking off.
I m pretty sure “knee high by the 4th” will be met lol
The showers last weekend and the heat we’ve had lately really made it grow

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I m pretty sure “knee high by the 4th” will be met lol
The showers last weekend and the heat we’ve had lately really made it grow
[/QUO
Seen earlier this a few tassels coming through . I m sure it could use a drink and relief from these 90+ degree days

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Local corn is just a little ahead of yours. It is showing some silks. Other fields nearby are a bit uneven in growth from just beginning to tassel to a couple of feet shorter. Rainfall has been spotty with some fields getting plenty and some needing more. With a week of 90+ temps beginning today and rain chances lowering, some of it will be hurting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts