Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helecopter spraying the wheat field in front of the house this morning. Copter was black and the way it flew, tihs is the best photo I could get. Copteris just to the left of the poll at tree level
helecopter.jpg

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Steve, someone local does crop spraying with a helicopter. A couple of years ago I started seeing it around.
The fella who rents from me has been using him for spraying pesticide. They are fun to watch.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Did your windows rattle Steve? Some copters fly over us to the nearby airport and they seem to shake things up a bit.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave, Most farmers around here do conventional spraying, but this year is wet. We 've got 4" of rain in the last week.We're seeing several having done this year and yes they're fun to watch.
Jim, after having my windows replaced last year I didn't hear any rattle, but with what the windows cost me, they better not rattle

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Steve our farmhouse began as a log cabin, and over time additions were made. We have some newer windows, but we installed storm windows over the oldest ones. An occasional military copter is what shakes up things. Newer ones used by the media or businesses don't disturb things as much.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I replaced mine a little over 10 years ago, after they came out with the gas filled
type windows. One of the best home improvement investments I ever made.
It cut me from using around 550 to 600 gallons of propane to heat the house, down to
around 300 to 350 gallons on average, in winter, depending how cold it gets.
So, over a 10 year period, those windows have really paid for themselves a few
times over. I have a 500 gallon tank, and only have to call them once a year to
give me a summer fill, where I was usually having to call them back in late January or February for a 2nd fill. I got a 30 year warranty with them, and that's probably not
worth the paper it was written on, but its been 10 years, and they've been great so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts