Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last 5 years, my cherries and peaches would disappear from the trees when thet were ripe. Neighbor suggestted bird problem. Put game cameras by cherry trees this year. Went to pick cheeries Friday after work and most of the ripe cherries were gone. Checked the cameras. Photos of neighbor and his wife picking cherries. Wasn't sure what to do, Good neighbor otherwise. Decided to put photos in envelope in their mailbox. We'll see if they get the hint.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thats a shame.....we invite our neighbors to come by and take fruit so it wont go bad...heck we even trade with some of them when we each have what the other dont. No need for that, I hope they do get the hint and apologize :(

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
4imnotright said:
For about the last 5 years, my cherries and peaches would disappear from the trees when thet were ripe. Neighbor suggestted bird problem. Put game cameras by cherry trees this year. Went to pick cheeries Friday after work and most of the ripe cherries were gone. Checked the cameras. Photos of neighbor and his wife picking cherries. Wasn't sure what to do, Good neighbor otherwise. Decided to put photos in envelope in their mailbox. We'll see if they get the hint.
Very good idea!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
That's some funny stuff, Steve. We had these huge tame blackberries in front that would hang out over the side of the driveway...the yard side always had tons, but the road side always had very few. One day MrsMassey asked if I noticed our neighbor just creeping up our driveway on the way home, but drove the normal speed while leaving. You guessed it, everything within reach would be snacked on each day as they ripened....Good thing we only had them on one side of the road, or he may have been late for work during blackberry season !!! :lol: :lol: Steve....two words: "Book'em, Dano" !!! Busted for sure !!!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DerickS said:
Thats a shame.....we invite our neighbors to come by and take fruit so it wont go bad...heck we even trade with some of them when we each have what the other dont. No need for that, I hope they do get the hint and apologize :(
Derick, If we have enough, we'll offer some to them. Like to get some for ourselves first, as I planted, prune and spray the trees. Just wish they would wait until we got some.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
4imnotright said:
DerickS said:
Derick, If we have enough, we'll offer some to them. Like to get some for ourselves first, as I planted, prune and spray the trees. Just wish they would wait until we got some.
Yeah it just isnt right to take especially with all the work that goes into making them produce good fruit, we have 18 fruit trees either in growing stages or mature at our place and its tough work. Hopefully they get the idea and stay clear or maybe they'll offer to reimburse you for the loss....its a thought

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Steve ,sorry to hear ,now would of been nice if they had kindly said if you have any extra fruit to share we would like some. Chances are you would try to do that , When we lived on the farm and join a neighbors yard and my boys left a ball go over there fence they had to walk around and get it. They wanted to climb that fence right there but knew Mom rule was best It was the neighbors fence . I taught my boys what mine is mine and what 's the neighbors is theirs & not ours to abuse. Steve I think you handled it the right way .

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
I hate to say this, but If I were in your position Steve, I'd be watching everything a bit closer.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They had been our neighbors for 18 years, we've known them for about 30. Everything started after they both retired, telling what I need to do, how to go it, and telling me if I do something different then how they would do it. I think they just have tooo much time on there hands.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
The least they could have done was asked. . I would like to see their faces when they get the photos. Will they be back.!!??

·
Registered
906 Posts
Should have told them that you would have given them some if somebody hadn't stolen all of them. Oh , don't let them know you know who stole them. Really make them feel bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts