Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I'm new here so bear with me. I have a YouTube channel where I take old things and kind of get them going or give him a new life as something else. The channel's relatively new so there's not much content on there. Now on to the reason for my question. I want to do a video of trying to get this old girl fired up for the first time and at least 40 years. My Grandpa bought it, used it once and then parked it. And the only thing we know is the brand because it says it on the grill Waukesha and obviously we know it's a rototiller. But I have not a clue about the year for the model number or the engine size or any of that stuff. So if you guys could help me out with any type of information that would be greatly appreciated.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive exterior Wood

Attachments

· Registered
15 Posts
We might need a few more pictures. And see if there is a tag, probably under the hood. Just what I can see from the screen shot, it looks more like a compressor or a generator. I've also seen these engine units on drill rigs.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We might need a few more pictures. And see if there is a tag, probably under the hood. Just what I can see from the screen shot, it looks more like a compressor or a generator. I've also seen these engine units on drill rigs.
Do you better than pictures. Here's the video I took last time I was down at my parents where she sits.

· Registered
15 Posts
ReNewed,
Thanks and good video. Here is a site with information on the engine.
So, in summary, the Waukesha engines (4 and 6 cylinder) power units were used in many applications from the 1920's thru the 50's: pumps, compressors, drills, balers, etc. This power unit was then coupled with a Twin Disk Clutch transmission, built by Twin Disc Clutch Company. Again, this is a multi-purpose unit with many applications and uses for power transmission. Your question regards the rototiller. This will be made by yet another company, and have its own tags. Your video doesn't show very much of the rototiller.

Cool project, for sure. Based on the "road department" orange color, and the size of the engine, I'm wondering if it was originally a road preparation or construction related machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts