Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a 1953 wd45{haven't got it home yet} want to keep gravel driveway flat & remove manzanita & other brush. never been on any tractor but my lawn tractor. 6' box scraper w/rippers. any suggestions, do's or don'ts. grateful for any advice anyone has to offer. thanks. Butch in nor cal gold country. p.s. awesome forum, learned alot

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does anyone use their tractor to maintain driveway or remove brush from their land? do you have any suggestions? thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,547 Posts
I suggest grading your driveway to start with. With the Wd45 being new to you, I would get au fait with it first , see how it drives, how to handle a bigger tractor, before I attach any implement/s to it. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
4,081 Posts
Red Kiwi is right. Get to know your tractor first. It would take some time to type a "how to " book about box blades and driveways.
Since a picture is worth 1000 words and talking pictures are worth ten times that . I would suggest going to Youtube.
Search for" How to set up a box blade" and "How to maintain a gravel driveway." There are some very good videos people have posted.
Then practice, practice, practice. There will be quite a learning curve till you get it right.
What type of brush?? Does your tractor have a front loader?
If you get a chance post a photo of your tractor. We would like to see your new acquisition.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you Dave. i'm supposed to get it today, been sitting a year or so, have to use come along to get it on trailer. will pull carb, clean adjust to get it going. will post pics next time my daughter comes over. she has the phone and know how. i know i'm getting ahead of my self. thanks fellas Butch in nor cal gold country

1 - 6 of 6 Posts