Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Here are some (OK a lot) of pictures of the WD45 that I bid on at local auction, but did not bid high enough:) I tend to go a little over the top sometimes. As I look over these it is a good solid tractor that hasn't been messed up much. Yep 12 volt, started up. I could have drove it home about 3 miles. Yea you guys can kick me too! Well maybe it will spark some discussion? Should'a, Would'a, Could'a, is not going to cut it! This unit went down the road for $1425!
Allis fans should be all over this! Tell me what you like and don't like.

Regards,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Looks good. Sorry to hear ya didn't get it. I usually figure another one will come along some day. :D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Chris I don't know eough about them to even be stupid but I got to say I ain't never seen a temp guage like that but I like it.

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
In pic number 29, what is the rod that is laying across the shift pattern numbers?

·
Registered
658 Posts
prwttsh said:
In pic number 29, what is the rod that is laying across the shift pattern numbers?

that hooked to a chain to release the snap coupler

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bertman has it right. I had forgoten about that lever.
So to unhook from the plows, lowere the plows, you reached back un-snapped the two couplers and released the vertical lift bars. Then pushed down on the lever mentioned and it unhooked the snap couper under the tractor (which was the third point of the 3 pt hitch for these). Then you drove away to the next implement.

prwttsh,
Yea something else will come along. And I dont really need another one right now! Except it could haul the trailer when cutting wood.
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Yea something else will come along. And I dont really need another one right now! Except it could haul the trailer when cutting wood.
Regards,
Chris[/quote]

Well.....I certainly don't like to hear THOSE words coming out of Pennsylvania this morning !!!! Shame on you Chris !!! Boy you better hope the Missus (yours) doesn't sneak in and check your posts.......you'll be DOOMED forever by those haunting words. I should know....I'm living the nightmare now !!!! As a matter of fact I have stricken those very words in that exact combination from my repertoire of phrases so they can no longer do damage to my addiction.... :D :D :D :D :D :D ...just saying.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Whoops....I forgot to comment on the WD. What a nice looking fully operational tractor. You can tell it has been a workhorse and hopefully it went to someone that's gonna tidy the old boy up a bit and put him on light duty at tractor shows and parades and stuff. In this area that would have been a mite steep if a fellow was wanting to do a total redo on it but about the going rate for a barnyard worker. But it sure is a good looking speciman for either. Here's wishing you'd a got it for yourself....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts