Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moisture was right last night, so the combines didn't stop. Helped a friend of my last night with bans harvest. We finish the soy bean harvest about 5 AM. Get a few hours of sleep and then back to corn harvest. If the moisture's right we'll go all night.

·
Super Moderator
7,953 Posts
I know your friend appreciates your help Steve. With weather conditions changing quickly from summer to winter any harvesting opportunity must be used.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
dont blame you Steve, with the forecast we've got, i'd go all night too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's hard. I remember I had to spend 2 days in the workshop without breaks, at the end I just fell asleep for half a day. Probably the hardest working days I've had, but I've done it all, that's the main thing.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's hard. I remember I had to spend 2 days in the workshop without breaks, at the end I just fell asleep for half a day. Probably the hardest working days I've had, but I've done it all, that's the main thing.
daniel-J
yes it hard work, but when I'm doing that, I am in heaven:dance:

·
Super Moderator
7,953 Posts
Years that the tobacco was late to mature caused us to race hurricanes and frosty weather to get it harvested. The mind tells the body to keep going under those and your conditions. Are y'all gonna beat the cold and snow Steve?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts