Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today bright, sunny, and about eighty for a high, so Fred, Jim, and I went for a little ride. About two hundred miles or a bit more. Stopped at Adam's Peanuts, a store started in the forties and looks it. I have passed there hundreds of times and never stopped, but the paper had a write-up on them, sounded interesting, so we stopped. It was worth the stop as the owner was there, a WW II veteran, and lots of neat stuff to eyeball.
We ended up in Stoney Creek at Denny's for lunch. We took lots of back roads to get there, but stuck to ones with a center line on the way back. We had an absolute ball!! Bunch of old men on motorcycles, go figure. Oh I was the youngster, the elder was seventy eight. Proves the getting old is manditory, but growing up is optional! :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Glad you can still get out and enjoy that bike and yes it was a good day here in Central Ky. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
A great day here too :!: In addition to gettin' in some peas, maters, okra, October and green beans, we picked up the day's persimmons. This afternoon I fixed a flat on the baler, and raked and baled about 8-9 acres of hay. I had about 200 bales, 210 on the counter, and daughter and her family along with Mrs. Jim helped load it on trailers. Getting done before dark was great!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't ride, you have no idea how great it is. Anymore fun and they would make it illegal!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
bikerdave said:
If you don't ride, you have no idea how great it is. Anymore fun and they would make it illegal!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kind of like quality time on a tractor Dave. Don't give the do-gooders any ideas :!: :idea: :roll: :shock:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Sounds like an awesome day :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts