Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasnt all good but it was busy as can be! Lets see where do I start............
We got up to the house on Friday night and it was raining so all we could do was go to bed :( :lol:
We got up Saturday and it was raing but Harold came by and we began working on our Deere....darned thing still wants to stall out when I go up hills, down hills, or hit bumps! puffs black smoke and wants to die :oops: :x So I had the carb apart and cleaned up stuff, put a new fuel bowl on(all used parts put together), checked the points cap and rotor, jiggled all the wires and still wants to die out on me :roll: :x Tiff cut the grass in between and during the rain drops with our CA Chalmers that never misses a beat! I ran around with Harold and the girls trying to get my rims done for my WC Chalmers puller :roll: Went to bed tired, mad and soaked from the rain
We woke up today and road the Ford until the fuel bowl started leaking...three gaskets later I had it sealed up :shock: Harold came by and we went to his shop to take out some tractors. I guess some kind of tour is coming through around June 14th and he wants some tractors out. Lets see...I got his W-6 Mccormick out, Case 300, used his f-12 to pull out a Farmall H on steel, a f-12 on steel, and a f-12 on steel with a giant set of cults on it. I also drug down his BN Farmall and his U MM. Went home and pulled the wheel off my WC cause the fella wants to test fit his plates next week! Rode the Ford with the girls and got cleaned up to go home.
Harold called and asked me to come down to his shop and look at a TORO golf tractor of his....never really saw one of these but it seems he has some clutch problems so I went down there and pulled the inspection cover and check the adjustments....needs a longer threaded rod and clevis to adjust out play in the linkage and it should help....oh and his MM RTI wont run so I pull some stuff off and find the points are burned clean through! After that I got to go home and help Tiff pack to come home.....Those were just the highlights!!!!!!!!!!!! What a weekend :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
After reading all your weekend adventures, I need to go back to bed. I am bushed!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
....sounded like a weekend when you have to go back to work to get some rest !!!! Just think, if you were retired you'd probably have those types of weekends 7 days a week ... :eek: :shock: ;) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ya I work harder longer at home retired than I ever had time to do when I had a paying job. But I also had money to buy parts for stuff with out saving for months to buy like a set of points, just not in the buget.
Nice thing is this week end when it was raining kitty cats and puppies I felt no guilt watching a movie On TV. I didn't feel any guilt standing in front of the vice hand fileing 2 sets of mower blades for the Simplicity although I did/do need to get the set off on the deck now to sharpen.
I also didn't unload the push mower I took to mow around a couple of bee hive stands where the owner is so afraid but wants the grass to look nice. Got rid of the other place I had to mow that the owner wouldn't but wanted kept mowed.
No swarm calls or bees in my house either.
I did call the guy back who just didn't want to listen when I told him we don't do houses. I nearly choked him to death with the $600.00 price to start with 2 persons for 6 hours and $100.00 every hour afterwards. Well I tried to tell him we don't do houses. I figure those bees will get sprayed.

:D Al

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alleyyooper said:
Ya I work harder longer at home retired than I ever had time to do when I had a paying job. But I also had money to buy parts for stuff with out saving for months to buy like a set of points, just not in the buget.
Nice thing is this week end when it was raining kitty cats and puppies I felt no guilt watching a movie On TV. I didn't feel any guilt standing in front of the vice hand fileing 2 sets of mower blades for the Simplicity although I did/do need to get the set off on the deck now to sharpen.
I also didn't unload the push mower I took to mow around a couple of bee hive stands where the owner is so afraid but wants the grass to look nice. Got rid of the other place I had to mow that the owner wouldn't but wanted kept mowed.
No swarm calls or bees in my house either.
I did call the guy back who just didn't want to listen when I told him we don't do houses. I nearly choked him to death with the $600.00 price to start with 2 persons for 6 hours and $100.00 every hour afterwards. Well I tried to tell him we don't do houses. I figure those bees will get sprayed.

:D Al
Not to the retired stage yet Al but glad youre having fun :roll: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts