·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
It's a keeper!:good:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The guy I bought it from had kept it a heated shop for the whole time he had it for a couple years and just used it for pulling some harrows around his daughters riding arena. The guy before him had taken it apart, put all new seals in the engine and painted it up. It came with a manual and every receipt for every part that was bought for it. Has a very slight miss when she warms up but very hard to hear. Pulled the cap and it’s a little corroded along with the wires. Carburetor is looking like it needs a cleaning so got that apart. Got a new cap, plugs, rotor, wires, points, and condenser on order as well. Hoping she’ll run for many years.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Late last week the head gasket on my Kioti went out. There was no leakage into the crankcase, and exhaust gases were being pushed into the radiator, forcing out coolant. It did not overheat. Yesterday afternoon I managed to get it pulled apart. The gasket seemed to be eroding away around one section near the rear cylinder. Today the search for parts begins and cleaning block and head surfaces are the top chores.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hopefully you got the parts you need, and the block cleaned. I just got in from us working on the pickup all day and most of the evening. Got a few more little things I am going to add, but we got it back together for the most part. will post some pictures tomorrow of the end result.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Surfaces have been cleaned and parts ordered. I may have them by tomorrow. Got more firewood sawed and split yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Over the weekend I managed to get the Kioti back together. I did have a fuel leak at one injector that showed up after some run time so that is the next chore. The engine design dictates that I remove all injector lines and the intake manifold to get to the problem. Winter returns here next weekend so hopefully I during the warm, rainy week ahead I will get it done.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hopefully you will get it lined out before the cold weather sets in. We drove around 400 miles today. Was a busy day for not being at work. Drove East to Windsor, KY and picked up the hog from the processor. Got that unloaded and put into the deep freeze, then picked up my truck from the detailer, that finished spraying in my over the rail bed liner, and hooked up the trailer, and drove northwest through Utica, KY and picked up an antique pull type corn planter, and got it back home. Started at 7 this morning and got home at 7:30 tonight. Was a long day, but enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Hog butchering tomorrow. This year we're doing 8 hogs. Spent most of the morning getting things ready. Traditional noon meal is an assortment of soups. Of course Diane voluntered me as usual to make a batch chili. Diane will fry fresh liver and onions also for the meal tomorrow:yahoo:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds like a really nice get together Steve. lots of work, but with lots of good eating. Chili is great on cold days, and liver and onions is one of the wife's favorite dishes.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
It also seems you will have a rather large crowd to help with 8 hogs. Many hands will surely help. Hope everyone remains safe and there are no knife mishaps. Fresh liver is also a favorite of mine, but Miss Joanne is allergic to it. If I want some I will cook it up in the shop.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Steve I hope your butchering went well. Today we made our second doctor visit in the past 10 days. Joanne and I both have have sinus infections. No fever or flu thankfully, but it's the first time in many years we have experienced anything like this. We have been blessed compared to some of our neighbors. Daughter and grandson have had the flu.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Thanks R.J. Our doctor told me yesterday that this this winter has been his busiest in many years. The weather has made getting sick easier and healing from it harder.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yesterday: changed oil in both 880's took the started off an 88 and will be taking it in to get fixed.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
It was too nice yesterday to not get outside so I managed to saw some firewood for a couple of afternoon hours. My daughter and family were running the splitter The windy, stormy days have given us plenty to clean up.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Yesterday was too nice. I loaded up the last 42 rolls of hay (6 loads) on a buyers trailers.
They thought it was a good day to move hay. Was finally dry enough the ground felt solid.
Then I watched it rain all day today and the ground squishes again. Hasn't quit yet...:roll:

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #199 (Edited)
Today Miss Joanne and I had a great lunch and visit with a former member and friend of this site. Bert, aka Wizzard made a delivery in southwestern NC this morning and had another to make south of Richmond, Va. His route took him within a couple miles of us, and he was able to work in a break for himself and a visit with us. We had met him years ago at one of Caseman's tractor shows and it was a great visit.

Resized952020022595124255.jpg

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jim, Glad Bert got to visit with Yall, and you got to do some catching up. Hope he is doing okay. He is surely missed here on the forum. Hoping he will come back to visit and chime in from time to time.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts