Antique Tractors Forum banner

201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
I was at that show. :munch:
Wizzard looks like he's doing well. Just a little more grey stickin' out from under the cap. ;)
Glad you all got to visit for a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey y'all!! Had to create a new acount untill i figure out the old one lol it was realy cool to hangout with jim and Joanne for a few hours. Still some of the nicest folks I've met! Ben a crazy year anda half for me. Still tryin to figure out some stuff but life is lookin up. Oh hey jim thanks for the tour of the farm! Pretty awsome place!!!!

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Pushed some snow out of driveway here.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Hey y'all!! Had to create a new acount untill i figure out the old one lol it was realy cool to hangout with jim and Joanne for a few hours. Still some of the nicest folks I've met! Ben a crazy year anda half for me. Still tryin to figure out some stuff but life is lookin up. Oh hey jim thanks for the tour of the farm! Pretty awsome place!!!!
Glad your travels brought you to our neighborhood, and we enjoyed the visit very much. Anytime you come this way be sure to let us know. Also check in here as often as you can. You have been missed.
:drinks:

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Late yesterday I was at the shop and got a much dreaded call from Miss Joanne in the house. She had no water. Being a bit of a plumber I have learned that when one opens that can of worms, many other things than the specific cause of a problem often need repairing.

We have been connected to our new well since 2008, except for some brief repairs. I switched back to the hand-dug well that is certainly over 100 years old. I finished what I was doing and attention turned to the water problem. No breaker was tripped so I guessed there should be power to it. I wondered if it could be as simple as the pressure switch , and that was it. Two contacts were burnt beyond recognition. A quick trip to the hardware store before it closed and a new switch took care of it. Sometimes we get thrown an easy problem to fix, and we were thankful for it. I was dreading the thought of the possibility of pulling the pipe and pump from the well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Glad the well pump was an easy fix. Nephews truck developed a problem yesterday where
he noticed that when you were in park, and turned the steering wheel, the cab would move before the front wheels would. Someone told him that the frame was cracked or had broke loose around the steering box, but after more investigation this morning, it was the track bar bushings, which is a 20.00 fix, so he was happy it wasn't more serious.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Friday night the village (Hecker IL. ) that I grew up outside is celebrating 125 anniversary. They have a fish fry and I was ask to help fry. Fried 600 LBs of cod and catfish and sold everything.
Saturday the men's club at my church had their annual euchre card tournament and furnish fried chicken after it was over. Help fry 3 cases of chicken

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
March came in like a lamb yesterday sunny and a high of 65.
The ground just dry enough to work outside all day without sinking in mud.
My bride started a basement project, but soon was out working around the yard.
I got about 300' of woods line trimmed back out of the hayfields. Was a good day.
Raining this morning.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Got my bacon back today, 22LBS. Vaccumn sealed and put in the freezer, except for a pound that will be supper tonight. We made the liver sausage Saturday and they went into the freezer also. My share was sticks

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Got my bacon back today, 22LBS. Vaccumn sealed and put in the freezer, except for a pound that will be supper tonight. We made the liver sausage Saturday and they went into the freezer also. My share was sticks
I know you will be in hog heaven!:good:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Changed oil and did a tune up on one of the 88's . Wind was blowing about 30 mph, to much for me to get anything done outside

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Our wind calmed enough yesterday afternoon and today which helped drying and enabled me to make up lost time with sawing, splitting, and stacking next winter's firewood supply.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
wind kept the local fire departments busy as people tried burning brush piles with 30MPH wind

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
It was a day for running errands, but I managed to awaken an Allis C and an IH 574 from their warm winter's nap.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Spent the morning at the county court house in the board od appeals office. Our property taxes went up a little over20% from last year. Spent a couple hours presenting our arguement. Now we'll see if it did any good with the board of appeals

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
I hope y'all get some relief Steve. Ours went up by 30% at the last re-evaluation here and we contested it. We are being surrounded by $300,000 to $500,000 homes.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
They told us about all these expensive houses being built in my area. Kept having to remind the that our tax assesment is by square footage base area and not by what a neighbor house is

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
After some overnight rain land was a bit too sticky for tater planting today so I spread fertilizer on the pasture today.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Taters are in the ground! I lightly disked the land early this morning and let it dry till about 2PM. We planted a 50 pound bag of Kennebec seed taters and about 10 lbs of last year's leftovers. We planted onions, leafy greens, beets, and carrots last week, and have broccoli and cabbage plants ready after some hardening out of the greenhouse.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Got a call around dinnertime (lunch for some folks) from one brother, that the other needed a ride to the hospital.
Then asked if I could take him, or he could wait until one brother got off from work. Seems as he was helping someone move Saturday .
Carrying a box and made a left pivot turn when he felt and heard his knee pop. Said the swelling was down about half from yesterday.
I don't know why he didn't have someone take him to the hospital right then, but that's how he's always been.
Anyway, I told you all that so I could tell you this.
I don't know how many have had dealings at a hospital since your particular state started abiding CDC guidelines concerning the COVID-19 virus.
Now this is a small hospital in small town Kentucky. Destroked 450 knows the place. Drove up to the emergency door and a young lady in surgical garb, mask included, meets me at the door. I told her the situation and asked for a wheelchair. She and another lady come out and get my brother. She says "we can't have visitors in the hospital now."
Then asked if I would give her a phone number to call and let someone know when they have a diagnosis, or that he's ready to go home. I was welcome to wait in the parking lot. I gave her my one brother's phone number since he lives between the hospital and the other brother's home. The ladys were both nice polite and respectful, but it still made me feel like I was dropping off a suit at the dry cleaners.

201 - 220 of 238 Posts