Antique Tractors Forum banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Had a blood test this morning. So while I was out, I got gas, did some grocery shopping and stopped past Rural King for somethings to do projects at home. This is the first time in a week since I've left my property. So I should be good for another week. It felt good to get away from the house.There wasn't many other people in the stores this morning

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
I finally picked up the rest of my hayland fertilizer yesterday and spread it today. It felt like May here today with a temperature in the low 80s.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yesterday
I always forget to put this in on the day i do it.
Ended up changing oil in the last tractor this spring. Changed hydraulic filters, greased and did some wiring maintenance.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
we have ants in the house, it's that time of the year. sprayed the outside perimeter of the house. Also sprayed inside the cover of the generac. Have to do this as they use vegetable oil in the plastic of the computer and the ants will eat it. That's not covered under warrenty

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yesterday
I always forget to put this in on the day i do it.
Ended up changing oil in the last tractor this spring. Changed hydraulic filters, greased and did some wiring maintenance.
still doing a little wiring maintenance today

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
we have ants in the house, it's that time of the year. sprayed the outside perimeter of the house. Also sprayed inside the cover of the generac. Have to do this as they use vegetable oil in the plastic of the computer and the ants will eat it. That's not covered under warrenty
The quarantine was broke today by these two

Good news is we got a lot of farming done on the floor

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Mowed the grass for the first time this year, any taller and I would have had to bale it. Pruned and tied the blackberries and cleaned out the dead plants in the asparagas patch

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Steve I see you have a couple of BTOs competing for your acreage. I mowed my yard hay yesterday as well. We also planted cabbage and broccoli plants. Some onions, lettuce, and beets are beginning to peek through the soil.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Last night Miss Joanne asked me if it would be a good idea to make a garden seed run before they get gone. We went to a couple of places, one about 20 miles away in a rural area. They had almost everything we needed. We stopped on the way home at an old established place in a fast growing town closer to us and picked up 3 more items. It was good that we went. We saw lots of garden plots from raised beds , to rather large plots in or next to yards. Fairly new homeowners near us who have never had gardens appear to be preparing them. I hope they learn a little about critter control.

This afternoon hopefully I sawed the last of next winter's firewood.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
I did my duty as a good world citizen and practiced Social Distancing.
I shined up a set of plows in the meantime.

This 2-1/2 acre field and another 3/4 acre were perfect and plowed really well. Never spun a wheel
I did this field first and took the photo after I was finished a few hours later . It's drying really well.

This one acre field was wet heavy gumbo, and I almost waited after I opened it, but I wanted to get it done.
It sits in a bottom with a creek and feeder branch surrounding two sides. It took as long to plow as the other.
Almost couldn't keep a wheel from spinning. Took this photo just after finishing.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Your good looking outfit did a great job for you Dave. The new rear tires.were made for it!(y)

·
Registered
230 Posts
The fields are lookin good Dave. I Mowed the yard and cleaned on the garage.
Putting a new pull cord and a new blade in one of the push mowers.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Went to move the disk today with the 880, so i could mow. It was so tempting i had to go try it out.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Started off by replacing the Hydraulic filter on the rusty 88. Then went and took a spin around the neighborhood with the Super 88
That hour was the most that tractor ran in 2 yrs. Guess i've been messing with the 880's too much
Went and finished mowing the yard
Then went and changed the hydraulic filter on the 1650
Then i went and took another ride on the newer 88.

Days like these make me glad the state told me to stay home, but still paying!!

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Yep the Ollie sound cannot be beat!

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Rolled lawns again today. Should be done with that for the year. Started up and drove a couple tractors around and fueled them up. Massey 30, John Deere H and John Deere 4240 (took snow scrapper off of that one).

221 - 238 of 238 Posts