Antique Tractors Forum banner

261 - 280 of 327 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Started the day taking off a couple wheel weights of the 880 to get it under 6000 lbs (just in case we can get a pull in this year). I weighed it a couple weeks ago 6120lbs.
ran wire and put a couple more lights in the garage.
Took the 880 for a ride
pulled a bad started button off the 88 and ordered a new one
picked up around the corn crib (had those straight line winds about a week ago) that took the coupula down on the ground..
worked on the quonset door, i can finally shut the door all the way.
ate supper and called it a day!
finally a decent sunny day to get stuff done!
Didn't realize the wind made that tractor sound so rough!

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
We continue to have a lot of wind too. I think March has not left yet. We have been cool too, yet yesterday we took the gardening plunge and planted sweet corn, green beans, and two varieties each of squash and cuke transplants. Hopefully Miss Joanne's kitchen tomato garden will be planted in a few days. All are getting a drink of water now. So far no storms. Jack is content.

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
It dried enough today to do some more ground work. Still had to till and let dry three times to get it worked up for small seeds.
So between tilling I got some mowing and clean up done. After supper the ground was perfect to plant my greens and radishes.
Just as I was picking up a bit ago the clouds started to thicken.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
We planted 125 tomato plants in Miss Joanne's kitchen garden this morning and did a few odds and ends in addition to planting half runner beans, patty pan and Zephyr squash this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Yesterday
Went and picked up 2 sets of rear Oliver wheel weights i bought o
ff crsigslist mowed the estate and sanded more on the 88

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Today I googled Antique Tractors Forum and was surprised to find that the format had a new look. That's what I get for being off in the weeds!:) Well just dropped in to see what folks were doing. I have been spending a lot of time over on the Allis Forum. Hope things are good in tractor land! Very glad to see you have the new format up and working. Although like others, I don't handle change that well!:) So I will bounce around and check things out!
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
with it raining most of the day, I started going through cabinets to get rid of stuuf I had accommolated over the year. A lot of stuff that I was scrathing my head as to why I save it.The big suprise was that I found 1 gun I had forgttten about and another I didn't even know I had.:( Yeah It's time to start going through stuff:LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Sat and watched it rain, until the gov told me i have so stay home until the end of May, then i went to town and got a started tested. Prepped the truck and trailer for a mission tomorrow. Hopefully i'll remember to post some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Woke up this morning (had a dream that i took a road trp with truck & trailer) since the Governor said i cant go anywhere. After the dream ended, the truck and trailer was sitting outside with a 4 bottom Oliver plow on it.
Long day lots of miles!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
It will for a while. I needed to find a rim for the JD. A friend of a friend of a friend had one, but he wanted the whole plow. So .... if he follows through that JD will be headed down the road

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
That's a dandy looking plow that you dreamed up.
I honestly thought pull bottom plows were a thing of the past by the mid 60s,
but that appears to be when those were built from their design.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Congrats on the nice plow. It took a few months but no doubt worth the wait. I remember telling about my neighbor's collection of plows last fall. Some are still in their same spots. I do not think he has sold any of his larger plows.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Yesterday again :(
It rained all day yesterday 4.5", worked on the 88 making to wiring all nice,Worked on an issue with the 1650, the loader wouldn't lift over 400lbs about 6' up. Adjusted the hydraulic pressure, readjusted the pressure after replacing two hydraulic fittings. Cleaned and moved more junk in the quonset (after one of the hydraulic hoses on the 1650 blew).

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Went to town and got a hydraulic hose made @ NAPA. Dang price went up on hoses. Put it on the loader. Found out after all it was the couplings that were leaking. Found the wiring short on the 88.
Unloaded the plow off the trailer. Hooked it up adjusted some things on it. Worked on 2 tail wheel assemblies, I couldn't believe how wore out some pins were. Took the 550 out and went for a road trip. (ooops, i forgot to stay home again). I hope it warms up so, i can wash everything!!
Spent some more time cleaning the Quonset. I think its good enough for who its for.

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
I don't think the Governor will mind you didn't stay home. Seems you "social distanced" well.
Looks like your all's fields as are as wet as mine.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I dont think he minds either!
We got 4.5" of rain starting Friday afternoon and ended sometime Saturday night. So yes, its plenty wet!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Havnt been on in a bit, hoping everyone is doing good. I’m a mechanic on northern air ambulances and work has gotten intense. First day off after my new isolation shift rotation at work😴. Finally got my 12v conversion done on my new to me1951 8n. Upgraded all the lights, changed the transmission/hydraulic/diff fluid and engine oil/filter. Installed a carb kit, points, condenser, plugs/wires, and a new sediment bowl. Runs great after tweaking carb a bit. Had the starter gear packed it in on me, looked like there was a fair bit of room in the clutch area but I got ambitious and used a cheaper borroscope and some magnets attached to it and got all the pieces by the looks of it. One was actually on the forward side of the slip ring, probably would have been fine but maybe could have done a bit of grinding. Ring gear had one chip in her from it happening, filed the bur off and called it good. Hopefully doesn’t give any trouble this year. Bought a 3pt 5’ finishing mower, cultivator, plow, and disc for it. Hopefully will keep me occupied lol. Next project is to finish my engine change in my 66 Ford yard truck. Then it’s on to my dad(Flatlander on here) and mine 1949 88 Oliver.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Great job of retrieving the broken pieces, and good to hear from you. Keep us updated on your other projects.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
We travelled about 80 roundtrip miles yesterday to a tractor yard to pick up a couple of cultivator parts for a Farmall.Super A. Traffic on I-40 to in both directions was as heavy as normal. Several overhead LED signs along the way reminded drivers of the current stay at home protocols in place. We witnessed irony in motion.

261 - 280 of 327 Posts