Antique Tractors Forum banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
I made a couple of minor tweaks on a Super A and a 140 yesterday. During a quick trip to the local hardware store, it was obvious that local traffic has picked up since our last trip in that direction over a week ago. I put a rotary hoe on the 140 and made a couple passes through our Kennebec taters. A hard crust had formed over them and they have been slow to come through the ground. I had a call from a nice man asking if I had a Super A plow, and yes I do. It may find a more useful place than its current residence.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Yesterday watched more rain fall 1.75” after getting 4.5” last weekend. Creeks are out of their banks and ditched are full. After not seeing an end to the rain, i decided that the 88 i have been working on could use a new set of front tires. I beleve the ones that are on it now are the originals and the center rib was peeling away from the tire.
I almost tried to get ahold of Firestone to see if there would be any warranty left on them after 70 years! 😂

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
They look good! Hope they last at least as half as long as the original ones!

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Decent weather today but windy
Worked on cleaning the hog pen. Sanded on the 88. About 4 UPS brought me a couple tire for that 4 btm plow. Jacked up the plow, took wheels and rims off.
Threw them in the truck and get them mounted in the morning.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
Found some time to work on our front porch swing project. Got the frame built.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Got the new plow tires mounted and put back on the plow, did some bookwork, and spent time cleaning the pig pen

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
A local tree guy asked me earlier in the week if he could bring me 2 more loads of logs. He dumped one here and one at my daughter's home. I sawed mine yesterday and Miss Joanne helped me split and stack it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got the little 8n out in my wife’s garden to put a bit of a load on it. Looking at pictures my wife took, the cultivator needs to be adjusted a bit but I was mainly playing. Ran good and handled load good. After though I did have a very slight miss/pop to it after she had warmed up at idle. Tried playing with carb but didnt clear up. Ran out of time but will tackle it after I’m done my rotation at work. It has all new ignition parts minus coil and I put a carb kit into it. Runs good at higher rpm and pulled with plenty of power for the size of tractor. Guarantied employment when wrenching on older equipment 🤣.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I made a couple of minor tweaks on a Super A and a 140 yesterday. During a quick trip to the local hardware store, it was obvious that local traffic has picked up since our last trip in that direction over a week ago. I put a rotary hoe on the 140 and made a couple passes through our Kennebec taters. A hard crust had formed over them and they have been slow to come through the ground. I had a call from a nice man asking if I had a Super A plow, and yes I do. It may find a more useful place than its current residence.
Major cleaning
A major cleaning and reorgaization of the quonset today. I didnt realize we had some much room going to waste. Drove to Assumption to Sloans Express picked up a hydraulic quick coupler and installed on an 88. Then my daughter showed up to clean up the pig pen. Finally put on the front wheel weights back on the 88.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Finished cleaning the pig pen. Had some bookwork to catch up on. When i let my daughter know the pen was cleaned she sent me this.
No idea how she did it

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Did more odd jobs around the place yesterday. Trimmed some low hanging limbs and some undergrowth beneath large oaks around the barnyard, and chased down an electrical problem on a riding mower. We need to be planting veggies, but this week's cool weather has put that on hold.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Messed around today, peddling in the quonset with about 2 million little things
and watched it rain

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Did more paperwork till about noon
Put a headlight and the taillight on the Frosty 880 Mowed the rest of the day until the Queen made it home for supper
I dont know if i’ll have time for going back to work when the governor allows.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
We continue to do some odd jobs that seem to arise while we wait for warmer planting weather. We spent the morning trimming some low hanging limbs along the pasture fence. The cows have plenty of grass, but the leaves must have been laced with something irresistable. I was finally able to chase down an electrical problem on my riding mower and get it back together too.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
After late yesterday's chore our 3 garden spots here look much like Miss Joanne's kitchen garden. Adding a mix of buckets, baskets, and covers for cold protecting took a couple of hours. Hopefully in just a bit I can put the stuff up for a long time. Our low of 36 this morning was 2 degrees warmer than yesterday. The wind is already up again too.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Spent more time clearing and organizing the quonset. Ended up going uptown to my mother-in-laws to help clean her garage. Got rid of an old JD garden tractor.
Got the 77 and 66 out and took a tractor drive. I'm sure this is the most these 2 have ran in 2 yrs. No issues! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #297 (Edited)
Great that you had a companion, and yall were practicing tractor distancing! I got my Farmall 140 back to running after it decided.to quit early on me Saturday at dusk. A bad condenser was the culprit. I got some more garden land ready to plant and put another few rows of sweet corn in the ground today.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Great that you had a companion, and yall were practicing tractor distancing! I got my Farmall 140 back to running after it decided.to quit early on me Saturday at dusk. A bad condenser was the culprit. I got some more garden land ready to plant and put another few rows of sweet corn in the ground today.
He's still young and is always in a hurry. I'm just glad we were able to take the time to do this. These 2 hadn't run that much the past couple years.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The coil spring kit came in for my wifes envoy a day earllier than expected. I got to the shop around 5:00pm and we left around 11 pm, with the job finished. The first 3 hours was cleaning up the shop enough to get the vehicle actually in the shop. My nephew had invited 2 of his friends over to work on cub cadets over the weekend, and they left the shop in a total mess. tools strowed all over the floor, oil and grease all over the floor, old parts just throwed everywhere. around 20 cans of bottled water and soda cans sitting everywhere, most were partially drank. (not exaggerating) I was too ashamed of it to post pictures.
Plus, not only did they get his tools. they got some of my tools as as well, and left my box drawers open and my tools scattered. I am glad I take blood pressure medicine. I told him those boys had no respect for him, and no respect for me, and I better not ever see them over here in this shop again. And you are to blame for letting them get away with it when I wasnt here. If I had been there, It wouldnt have happened. Lord, if I had done that to my grandfathers shop and left it in that state, I Shudder to think what would have happened to me. He is cleaning it up the rest of the way today, since he is off from work, but as far as I am concerned, those 2 so called friends of his are banned from ever setting foot in the shop again. Sorry to get long winded guys. It just really bothers me that most of this younger generation seems to have no respect or values, even when my nephew tried to be nice to them where they didnt have to work under a tree in the rain, but they will be now, because they wont be back here.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
With it drizzling on and off today, Diane and I decided to take a drive after we did grocery shopping. We drove the area of our first house. Firs time that we drove most of these since we got flooded 26 years ago. Had to think about some of the roads.Made a few wrong turns, but we kknow the area we enough that we knew if we kept driving we would get to a familar road. So yoiu can say we got semi-lost. One the plus side,I got to tell Diane where to go and didn't get in trouble. She was driving:LOL:

281 - 300 of 327 Posts