Antique Tractors Forum banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
We got back into the dirt yesterday and planted tomatoes, 2 types of beans, squash, cukes, and peppers.

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
Turned the furnace off......again. Hopefully until late fall this time. Though I've been hoping each time.

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
Worked on the porch swing project some more today. Got all the brackets made to mount the seats to the frame.
Made some stiffeners up the backs in the middle where there is no longer an armrest to hold them.
Got it all assembled and gave it a test sit. Sits pretty comfortably. Now I get to take it back apart for painting.
I wanted to leave it like it is and put a clear coat on it, but I got out ranked.
There is a matching chair that has been getting restored as we have been preping the chair parts of the swing.
It's getting it's final after assembly touch up paint this evening. I'll post a photo of it tomorrow if I remember.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Looks nice. Somebody is gonna be sitting pretty. We planted watermelon and cantelope transplants today. We also got some okra in the ground, and have an heirloom okra to try from a South Carolina friend. We need to fix a spot for it across the field to prevent cross-pollination. More playing in the dirt is planned for tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Worked in the quonset today airing another outlets and ended up doing 2. Worked on reassembling some lights for the 880 while it was raining. My son showed up and we proceeded to replace the skylights in the Quonset

·
Administrator
3,959 Posts
The chair that matches the center seat of the swing got finished.
I have no idea what the black mark is. It's not on the wall just in the photo.
Not a good color match in the photo.It's more teal than blue.
Matches one of the colors these old chairs came in.
Like the leaves stenciled on the wall are green. Not grey.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
No matter what the camera says my eyes tell me it looks great. The spot could be some dust or a similar anomaly on the camera lens. Maybe?

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
First farmers market today. We planted Ledmon watermelons, an heirloom okra, spaghetti, acorn, and butternut squash yesterday.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Worked in the quonset today run a 50’ hose up the side on the building getting air to the reel I put up the other day . Mounted a big dog winch to the gooseneck . My son is planning on pulling a dead 4020 over to his friends house

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Finished up mounting the winch on the trailer and worked on exhaust of daughters car

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
We worked most of the day getting ready for the wet week ahead. We planted some pinkeye purple hull peas, fertilized some, and munched the kitchen garden maters hoping to help slow the blight that the damp weather will bring. If we have rain through Friday as was just predicted it would be nearly 2 weeks before we could cultivate them again, and they will be too tall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I had my fuel tank break a tank support strap. I had filled the truck up 17 miles prior and was a mile from my home. Heard a weird "splotch splotch" noise from the back end. Got off the highway and realized I was dragging the plastic fuel tank. Said eff it and raced home. Drained the tank. Of the full fuel tank I figure I only lost maybe 3 gallons on the road. Tho now it is $500 to get the truck repaired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I had my fuel tank break a tank support strap. I had filled the truck up 17 miles prior and was a mile from my home. Heard a weird "splotch splotch" noise from the back end. Got off the highway and realized I was dragging the plastic fuel tank. Said eff it and raced home. Drained the tank. Of the full fuel tank I figure I only lost maybe 3 gallons on the road. Tho now it is $500 to get the truck repaired.
Talk about bad luck mate

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Someone hit my mailbox last night, broke the post off. Will need a new post and box. Can see the tire tracks in the grass. Sheriff's dept. is suppose to come and lock at it.Will probably say that they'll watch for something. This hasn't happened for over 10 years. It use to be every weekend but that stopped when we caught them.. Well, the sheriff was here and told us exactly what I said they would. I know what I doing tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Drove to Ft. Atkinson Iowa amd picked up the motor for the 4020. Still on the way home sons drinving

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Someone hit my mailbox last night, broke the post off. Will need a new post and box. Can see the tire tracks in the grass. Sheriff's dept. is suppose to come and lock at it.Will probably say that they'll watch for something. This hasn't happened for over 10 years. It use to be every weekend but that stopped when we caught them.. Well, the sheriff was here and told us exactly what I said they would. I know what I doing tomorrow
Sorry to hear of your trouble Steve. Vandals and thieves are not highly regarded in this house.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
We went to the farmers market this morning. We vendors compared our rainfall totals for the past week. Miss Joanne and I were the winners. This afternoon I cleaned up a red oak tree that had fallen in an elderly neighbor's yard about 10 days ago. Our wet weather made that possible. I need to be in the gardens and hayfields.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Replaced an ammeter on the 88. Re caulked the skylights, we just recently installed. Replaced the light bulb in the pole light. Repaired the outside faucet. Washed and loaded the Cockshutt for the tractor drive today.

301 - 320 of 327 Posts