Antique Tractors Forum banner

341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Administrator
4,000 Posts
Picked the first zucinni out of the garden, and harvested, processed, and froze a dozen heads of broccoli.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Good to hear Dave! We have been getting a few zuchinni and yellow squash for about 10 days, and not very many last week with 55 to 65 high temps for 4 days. Also cukes are showing up. Picked about 2 dozen this morning. We have had an awful time of getting a good stand of most everything we planted from seeds. Now the seed supplies at feed stores are nearly gone. I could sell a pickup load of green beans if I had them, and tomatoes too. I and others have replanted beans as many as 4 times. The ground dries out, we plant, it rains and stays wet and cool, seeds mold and rot in ground, and we repeat the process. This has been the Groundhog Day season of gardening for many here.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
A neighbor and I managed to finish our spring haying yesterday. He mowed, teddered, and raked about 9 acres of nonfertilized mixed grasses in a retired pasture about 5 miles away. I rolled it yesterday and got 41 bales. We hauled our shares to our places and shedded it today. The stems were golden, but the ground cover was nice, and it has green tint to it. It looks pretty good for grass hay made here this late in the season.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Today's pickins. Also I hope I managed to repair the water pump on our old well. A few days ago Miss Joanne cut the power to it because she thought it was running for no apparent reason. Planted some pinkeye purple hull peas too.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Loaded up the 88 and 880 this morning and went to a pull
The ole 88 got 1st in the 5500# class and when my son drove got 3rd

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Good job by y'all and the Ollies! A nice, cool track location under the shade trees too!

Reactions: oliverguy

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Thanks! This is my favorite track! Its always hard and with a lake nearby always a cool breeze coming through the trees!
The 880 did well too, but we were outgunned it that class. I'm sure the state would cringe if they knew we had the event.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Over the weekend I noticed several homes in subdivisions nearby where 1 to 2 dozen cars were parked. They weren't holding a tractor pull, but it seems reasonable to assume there were more than 10 people were there. We are now under a statewide mandatory order for masks now.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Over the weekend I noticed several homes in subdivisions nearby where 1 to 2 dozen cars were parked. They weren't holding a tractor pull, but it seems reasonable to assume there were more than 10 people were there. We are now under a statewide mandatory order for masks now.
The more things the state makes mandatory, the less likely i am going to comply with. I am responsible for myself and dont them interfering .

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
picked up a couple of prescriptions todaty. While in town Diane and I stopped by our favorite place to eat. Just a small cafe. Juicest hamburgers around. Juice come close to running all the way down your arm to the elbow. First time we ate there in 4 month, First time for in dining in 4 months

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
No sitting in a dining establishment in the foreseeable future for us. There are too many obstacles to make it worthwhile. Some places are open with limited seating, and many remain closed. Far too many have gone out of business.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Drove up to Moroe Wisconsin for our annual trip to 8 Miles of Agtiques

·
Registered
320 Posts
Did cookout with immediate family tonight.
Hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, chips, spring rolls,
cupcakes, watermelon and fruit salad, Ice tea, water, and soft drinks. Was a great 4th of July meal.
As always, I ate a little more than I should have.

341 - 354 of 354 Posts