Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all. I am new to this forum and have a question that I am certain someone here can help with. I have an old Allis Chalmers tractor that I'd really like to know more about. It has been repainted multiple times over the years and it has nothing to tell me what model it is or what year it was built. Just from looking at pics on the net, it looks like an AC B. My dad bought it used around 1972 and used it frequently until his death 8 years ago. I'm hoping someone here could tell me what to look for. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Post a picture and I am sure some one can help.
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Photo would help. If it has a wichbone wide front end , it's a B, Ending production, you could have an adjustable wide front end. C had a tricycle or adjustable wide front end. CA had tricycle or wide front

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Looks to be a B. To be certain, on the transmission housing, directly in front of the shifting levervwill be a serial # It should start with a B.If it starts with a C, it's a C

Reactions: Wi11y

·
Administrator
4,230 Posts
Looks like a Model B to me, and a hard workin' farm tractor. Post the serial number and we can find the year it was built.

Reactions: Wi11y

·
Super Moderator
8,343 Posts
A neighbor farmer had an Allis B during my youth. He grew tobacco like most in those days. A C resides here. Good machines as Dave sez. Welcome to ATF!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good afternoon all. I am new to this forum and have a question that I am certain someone here can help with. I have an old Allis Chalmers tractor that I'd really like to know more about. It has been repainted multiple times over the years and it has nothing to tell me what model it is or what year it was built. Just from looking at pics on the net, it looks like an AC B. My dad bought it used around 1972 and used it frequently until his death 8 years ago. I'm hoping someone here could tell me what to look for. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried looking at TractorData.com? It gives you a few pictures of each tractor in most cases along with the location of the serial number and a rundown of serial numbers and production dates. The AC'S normally have the serial number stamped into the transmission housing somewhere.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/allischalmers/allischalmers-tractors.html
Good luck.

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
serial # is usually stamped by the gear shift on the casting. might have to dig thru the dirt/grease/paint/etc. to find it and usually they are not stamped very deep, making them hard to read. I have 3 B's , 4 C's , 4 WD45's, 3 WD's, 2 WC's, a 190xtd. and 2 440's ( consecutive serial #'s -- 1576 and 1577) also an AC 917 garden tractor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts