Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making chilli in the crock pot. I use Carol Shelby's (God rest his soul) seasoning mix, but put lots more stuff in it. Cooking six hours makes a difference too. I do have to tone down the HEAT cause the wife is eating it.
Once when the wife was visiting her parents in RI I made some real chilli for me and my son. Bout supper time the son came in with a friend, so I invited him to supper. He turned the bowl black with pepper, said he liked it spicy. That was the last time he seasoned anything without tasting. He ate it and sweat, and sweat. Drank about a gallon of water. I finally broke down and gave him some milk.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
dave i wish u lived close....cooking like that u'd get tired of me being there :lol:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My chilli would make a puppy pull a freight train! :!: :!: I put diced tomatoes, corn, pintos, a large onion, two pounds of ground beef, and all of Shelby's seasonings. Cooking for eight hours really helped!
Put a bowl on your head and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,865 Posts
Pink-eye purple hull peas, sweet corn, October beans, all last year's veggies, New taters, fried chicken, and gravy.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well, since today is mine and the wifes 19th anniversary, I took her out to the new steak house in town. Man, what a steak!!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
This reminds me so much of Grandpa Jones on Hee Haw doing his "whats for supper" bit :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,865 Posts
bettyp said:
Jim in NC said:
Pink-eye purple hull peas, sweet corn, October beans, all last year's veggies, New taters, fried chicken, and gravy.
Now Jim you had enough on that table that I could ate with you and not have had to cook . Sounded good. :D :D

Had a couple of empty chairs at the table. You're always welcome Betty. Dave, you and Derick might haveta fight over the other one :!:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Jim in NC said:
bettyp said:
[quote="Jim in NC":ivb89gp3]Pink-eye purple hull peas, sweet corn, October beans, all last year's veggies, New taters, fried chicken, and gravy.
Now Jim you had enough on that table that I could ate with you and not have had to cook . Sounded good. :D :D

Had a couple of empty chairs at the table. You're always welcome Betty. Dave, you and Derick might haveta fight over the other one :!:[/quote:ivb89gp3]
I'm a lover not a fighter :lol: But I do like to eat ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,865 Posts
I'm a lover not a fighter :lol: But I do like to eat ;)[/quote]

"Fight" is a subjective term. It is to be taken in this instance as a term of endearment.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Jim in NC said:
I'm a lover not a fighter :lol: But I do like to eat ;)
"Fight" is a subjective term. It is to be taken in this instance as a term of endearment.[/quote]
:lol: Thanks :lol:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Bikerdave, has Carrol Shelby passed on ???

We had BBQ chicken, pork n beans, cornbread and honey, and some little potatoes I never saw before, PURPLE inside and out !!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes he has passed on. I think it was last weekend. He will be missed.
:cry: :cry: :(
You know this does sorta sound like Hee-Haw. We do eat good!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
bikerdave said:
Yes he has passed on. I think it was last weekend. He will be missed.
:cry: :cry: :(
You know this does sorta sound like Hee-Haw. We do eat good!
YUM YUM!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts