Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondering whats your best ever find when sniffing out some old iron?

My Best one was a steam engine on ebay thinking it was something insignificant then finding out that people were in awe of it!

Cheers, Will
 
G

·
William said:
Hi,
Just wondering whats your best ever find when sniffing out some old iron?

My Best one was a steam engine on ebay thinking it was something insignificant then finding out that people were in awe of it!

Cheers, Will
Do you have a picture of it Will???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Id think Id have to say my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :shock: :? :cool: :lol: :lol: :p

But my 1924 McD 10-20 Is a close second :mrgreen:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
A Farmall super H pedal tractor I paid 50 bucks for....they go for about 8 times that up here :lol: :lol: Everything else I paid through the nose for ;)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
4,280 Posts
I haven't found it yet. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
Yeah, I'm still looking too! Of course there's my 09 Ranger. Four cyl, five speed, extended cab, drives good, rides good, hauls what I need hauled. It will not do if you really need a pick-up, but at 31 on hwy (70mph) and 24 city can't be beat and hauls what I need hauled.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
366 Posts
Hard to beat them rangers. Got an '08 125K 4 cyl 5 spd just a heater air conditioner and a radio.
haven't had the first problem with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,020 Posts
I think its a '37 Oliver 70...Gentleman about a mile away asked me to fix his A/C on the way home from work and he'd give the tractor to me. I said sure, as long as the compressor isn't bad. Back then parts were relatively inexpensive and I had to replace his burnt up contactor (big electrical relay). Total cost: $8.00. Oh yeah, plus tax... :lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta remember this was around 1982 or 83.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
I went to an auction to buy some used tires to put on a H that I was working on, but they brought $400 and I didn't get them. Later in the sale they had a poorly running H with brand new tires all around that I bought for $700. Another deal was a good set of 15.5 38 clamp on duals with all the hardware I got fo $10. I have them on my Deere now and the tires are better than the ones on the tractor.....mike
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
I'd haveta say Mrs. Jim. Please note that she is NOT holding a gun, knife, frying pan or rollin' pin on me as I type this. ;)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Jim in NC said:
I'd haveta say Mrs. Jim. Please note that she is NOT holding a gun, knife, frying pan or rollin' pin on me as I type this. ;)
No, she's just standing in the other room waiting for you to come through the door :shock: ;) :p
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
prwttsh said:
Jim in NC said:
I'd haveta say Mrs. Jim. Please note that she is NOT holding a gun, knife, frying pan or rollin' pin on me as I type this. ;)
No, she's just standing in the other room waiting for you to come through the door :shock: ;) :p

Well, I asked her nicely ifn I could just at least finish typing the post before I left my tractor buddies. :idea: :roll: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Best deal I have ever found was this 1945 Case SC for $500 , yes it runs. :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Ya done good Kevin :!:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top