Antique Tractors Forum banner

White Demostrator Question

5K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  bertman 
G
#1 ·
what would be the serial number range for a 'C' white demonstrator???

G
#3 ·
Thanks John. This serial number is 6 digits that falls in place with a Super C ( just had time to look it up). What years for a Super C would fall in place with a white demonstrator??? sorry bout that. Decals said C.

#4 ·
Good one!!! Theres been lots of debate over the years about demos! Although IH would paint them any color if it paid enough, the factory demos were all 1950 year models. Dealers did do there own demo program, but I havent seen any "proof" they were white, or any other color, other than "I got it that way". There was a list, at one time, of all the colors IH painted different tractor, and other than the demos, white wasnt on that list. The gentleman who made it passed away several years ago, and the list was lost.......

G
#5 ·
1950?? This one appears to be a 1953. Ser.# 182602 Its a wide front. When I get back home I'll post a few pics of it.
Thanks again John. Once I get pics up it might help a bit.
The other strange thing on this one is on the hydraulics, there are 2 lift arms on the left side of the pump and only one on the right??? My C has 2 on both sides.

Year Starting Serial Number for Super C
1951 100001
1952 131157
1953 159130
1954 187788

#6 ·
petra79 said:
1950?? This one appears to be a 1953. Ser.# 182602 Its a wide front. When I get back home I'll post a few pics of it.
The other strange thing on this one is on the hydraulics, there are 2 lift arms on the left side of the pump and only one on the right??? My C has 2 on both sides.

1951 100001
1952 131157
1953 159130
1954 187788
Ron if it's any help my 53 hyd lift has that set up.

G
#7 ·
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:

1951 100001
1952 131157
1953 159130
1954 187788
Ron if it's any help my 53 hyd lift has that set up.
Just thought it strange to not have 2 sets on each side.............. Wonder why they did that unles there was a specific piece of equip. made around that time that would eliminate the use of right hand lift???

#12 ·
Repainted tractor, probably 30 or so years ago. Dont know about the hydraulics, but could be two for the front, one for the rear. (Cultivators, and I guess planters or something of that type) Cant really see the other side too good. I know my Papas C could control each side indiviually, but he didnt have rear cults on his.

#13 ·
One lever operates one on each side the other operates the inner one on the dual side only. front rear would vary on which piece was hooked up. For cultivators the single raises the rear, Thats the only piece I know for sure other than rear mont mower which worked off the single too.

G
#14 ·
Thanks guys. See a few sights that said there were no Super C demonstrators yet others claim there were???? I'd actually be happy if the guy would sell just the cults off this one(if he has the missing piece)

#15 ·
Hey Ron, if it'll help and you can buy it right, maybe we can work a package deal...you know you're probably gonna pass right through St Louis. That is, only if you are NOT interested in the C at all. You may get the cultivators free and someone like me may get free delivery !!!!! I started out kinda joking, but this is sounding better all the time from this end.... :lol: :lol: :lol: We could have a "Pre-Caseman Show" visit !!!! ;) ;) :D :D

#16 ·
OK here is what I found out :D BUT NOT the SUPER C

They were made for the first 3 months in 1950 NO primer was used just paint on clean metal.
A place that will know is

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/library ... /cyrus.asp

If you ask them be patient and they will answer your question :oops: Thats what Im told :eek:

I couldnt do this at work Ron So Im really late to get the reply to you :?

G
#17 ·
missouri massey man said:
Hey Ron, if it'll help and you can buy it right, maybe we can work a package deal...you know you're probably gonna pass right through St Louis. That is, only if you are NOT interested in the C at all. You may get the cultivators free and someone like me may get free delivery !!!!! I started out kinda joking, but this is sounding better all the time from this end.... :lol: :lol: :lol: We could have a "Pre-Caseman Show" visit !!!! ;) ;) :D :D
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder if I should put it in or on the wifes mini van :roll: :roll:

No one was home so we still have no idea if its even for sale or not. If I can get a cheap set of cults I might be interested. We just seen the white paint coming through and were curious.

G
#18 ·
bertman said:

They were made for the first 3 months in 1950 NO primer was used just paint on clean metal.

If you ask them be patient and they will answer your question :oops: Thats what Im told :eek:

No problem Gary. I'll still be here for a few more days. Only get to pop on here when there's no work to be done. Just got in from hunting.

#19 ·
bertman said:

If you ask them be patient and they will answer your question :oops: Thats what Im told
:eek:

EXACTLY!!! Primer wasnt used on new tractors!!

Wonderful group of people!!!

Again, IH would paint them any color as long as it paid enough. Theres rumors of dealer painted demos, even years after the 1950 program, butI have seen no proof of it, other than "I bought it that way, or Daddy said, or I scraped some old paint." No actuall records. I have heard of fancy paint schemes from the factory, etc., but it all comes down to either mis-imformation, or someone trying to con somebody!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.